UKC

Ken Wilson video from the BMC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doug 26 Dec 2016
A thank you to the BMC for these tribute to the late Ken Wilson, the black & white shots really captured the feel of Hard Rock for me. And brought back many memories
 AP Melbourne 26 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

> A thank you to the BMC for these tribute to the late Ken Wilson, the black & white shots really captured the feel of Hard Rock for me. And brought back many memories

Oi Alex from BMC! You said last week you'd send "anyone called Andy who wore Lycras in the 80s and lives in Oz" the link on boxing day. RIP Rick Parfitt and George Michael so please, please, cheer us up.
OP Doug 26 Dec 2016
In reply to AP Melbourne:

maybe Melbourne is too far from Manchester ? I'm not a BMC member either but my 'invite' arrived here in France this morning.

Or maybe Alex forgot...
 AP Melbourne 26 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

> maybe Melbourne is too far from Manchester ?

But ain't email instant Doug? Plus, to add insult to injury you're not even called Andy, wore Lycra and live in Oz which I've been hanging out for for two weeks.
Joking asside, Ken was a legend.
Cheers.
OP Doug 26 Dec 2016

I'm afraid I'm guilty of wearing lycra for climbing back in the 80s

Maybe Alex will see this & remember to send you the link
 AP Melbourne 26 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

> I'm afraid I'm guilty of wearing lycra for climbing back in the 80s

> Maybe Alex will see this & remember to send you the link

All sorted, thanks to a friendly PM from T*m.
Lovely video that and a sad loss as even though I only met Ken once and he lost the plot and shouted at me for placing a blot on Pen Twryn in '82 he turned down my generous offer to do the route without it.
Rest in Peace, a great man indeed.
 alex 26 Dec 2016

Glad you liked it Andy. Sorry you didn't get link, as I explained on other thread, emails sent from UKC messages had the email hidden, anyway, all sorted.
 Darron 27 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

I'm only a member via my club (30 odd years mind). Followed climbing history for 40 odd years. Have nearly a full set of Mountain. Bought all KW's books. On the negative side I have clipped the odd bolt. Can I have link to the film please?
OP Doug 27 Dec 2016
In reply to Darron:

Ask Alex
 Offwidth 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Darron:

I'm not aware of a link... the BMC said this.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/hard-rock-the-film-ken-wilson-bmc

Well worth watching.
 Postmanpat 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

I never got the promised e mail with the link. Does that not go to membership via affiliated clubs?
 Pedro50 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Postmanpat:

I never got the email either!
 pneame 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Aye, only for BMC members - if you aren't a member for a perfectly good reason (perpetually overseas) then tough luck

Even if you did request an email!
 Annabel Tall 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Doug:

OK, I saw the BMC webpage https://www.thebmc.co.uk/hard-rock-the-film-ken-wilson-bmc which says there will be a christmas email. I got a Christmas email .... which tells me to click on a link to tell me how to watch it .... which sends me to the page which says I will be sent an email saying how I can watch it!

I am trapped in an ever lasting loop!!

Can any one help?
 Sean Kelly 28 Dec 2016
In reply to pneame:

Well I'm a BMC member and didn't get anything either. No links found that work. Very frustrating.
 alex 28 Dec 2016
In reply to...

Hi everyone

Apologies if you've had trouble accessing the films. As explained in the other thread, any email you sent to us from UKC forums had your actual email address hidden so we couldn't add you.

To get the code, email bmc.website@gmail.com

Cheers.

Removed User 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Annabel Tall:

ditto!
In reply to Doug:
I feel sure that Ken Wilson would have expected this to be available to everyone - but only if it was good enough. From a trailer I saw at Kendal I think it is and should be. Make it public please.
 Pedro50 28 Dec 2016
In reply to alex:

> In reply to...

> Hi everyone

> Apologies if you've had trouble accessing the films. As explained in the other thread, any email you sent to us from UKC forums had your actual email address hidden so we couldn't add you.

> To get the code, email bmc.website@gmail.com

> Cheers.

Have sent this email:

Just send the goddamm link FFS, Yours exasperatedly
 Jim 1003 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Pedro50:

About as good as their insurance....
 Pedro50 29 Dec 2016
In reply to Jim 1003:

Link now arrived. Cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...