UKC

Anyone in Halifax right now 28 December?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Beaton 28 Dec 2016
I was thinking of heading to Woodhouse Scar today but it's suddenly clouded over here in Sheffield. What's the weather doing in Halifax at the moment? Cheers
 climb41 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:
Blue skies, heavy frost, few clouds round and about. Not sure what the forecast is.... Currently about 1degree
OP Sam Beaton 28 Dec 2016
In reply to climb41:

I don't mind how cold it is as long as the sun is out. I've never been to Woodhouse, will bits of it be in the sun yet or should I leave it another hour or two?
 BnB 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Mix of blue and cloud in Hebden. Chances are it'll be better in 'fax. It's not going to get much warmer all day long so just head over now.
In reply to BnB:

Thanks, think I will do just that. The cloud is breaking up again here in Sheffield now
 Offwidth 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

A report would be appreciated. Its a good venue on winter days as its sunny, sheltered and low altitude.
 BnB 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Clear blue skies by lunchtime at Widdop so I hope you found the same. Some nice routes at Wiodhouse and so convenient.
 BnB 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Clear blue skies by lunchtime at Widdop so I hope you found the same. Some nice routes at Woodhouse and so convenient.
In reply to Offwidth:

Had a great time. Rock mostly dry. Darker than usual for grit so it warmed up nicely in the sun. Top of the crag stayed wet but not a problem as the finishes were mainly very positive and un-gritstone like. Particularly enjoyed Basin Cracks, Chryophorous, Johnny One Time, Collie's Arete, Woodhouse Eliminate, Kryton Crack, the Undercarriage problems, L'arete; and Radium Arete was one of the best problems I've done all year.
 Offwidth 28 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Good to hear you enjoyed it... how is the rubbish situation?
In reply to Offwidth:

Not too bad considering its location. Most of it was between the crag top and the roadside wall, there was very little at the foot of the crag
 Offwidth 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

Good to hear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...