UKC

Insurance, UK national, (recent) EU resident

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TimKnight 28 Dec 2016
Hi,

I've recently decamped from the UK to Luxembourg for employment reasons, amongst the many 'new' things that I'm getting to grips with is travel insurance*. In order to cover 'holiday' trips around the world, rock climbing in the UK and Europe and snowboarding in Europe I normally purchase an annual policy from the likes of BMC, Dogtag or Snowcard, but they are only open to UK residents.

I've been hunting around the internet and, unsurprisingly, none of the 'expat' travel insurance policies cover activities; and I can't find a Lux provider. The two options that have come up are,
- Impact multisports, looks like UK travel insurance, but oddly (worryingly?) cheap, €51/year
- Fédération Francaise de Ski, Licence Carte Neige (with Mountaineering/rock climbing supplement, €15)

I'm looking to cover liability, rescue and medical expenses (above EHIC); baggage, cancellation, delay etc. nice to haves.

Does anyone have experience of those 2 providers? Or better still recommended alternatives.

* indeed insurance in general, never have I appreciated comparison sites so much!

Many thanks,
Tim
Maz 02 Jan 2017
In reply to TimKnight:
Try True Traveller, as they insure all EU residents.
 Bob Hughes 02 Jan 2017
In reply to TimKnight:
Don't look for specific expat insurance companies is the trick here. Look for sports insurance which happen to cover eu citizens. I've used trail finders before and a ski- specific one which I can't remember (not much help I know...).

Edit: I'm a U.K. Citizen resident in Spain
Post edited at 18:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...