UKC

Sony NEX 7

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 n-stacey 29 Dec 2016
Hi

I have recently acquired a Sony NEX 7 and want to link it to my ipad (if possible).
Is there a link lead/cable (Sony or other) and what app would be best to down load for image management?
I'm new to this so please be patient.

Cheers.

N
 rallymania 29 Dec 2016
In reply to n-stacey:

i think there's a camera pack available for the ipad that lets you use a USB memory card reader (any ipad owners out there can confirm /deny?)

other than for viewing, tagging and basic manipulation i'd suggest you really want to be doing your picture editing on a computer of some sort (laptop / desktop / mac / pc etc) rather than on a tablet though.

if you are using the jpeg picture type on the camera, what ever image viewer the ipad comes with should be fine, not sure about RAW though.

not sure about controlling the camera from the ipad...
In reply to n-stacey:
> I have recently acquired a Sony NEX 7 and want to link it to my ipad (if possible).
> Is there a link lead/cable (Sony or other) and what app would be best to down load for image management?

Don't know about the Sony, but you can get card readers that you can plug into an iPad though not always directly depending on models, etc, but sometimes via 3rd party connectors. Apple do do a sd reader on a lightening connector so depends on what iPad you have then though you can get lightening to 30 pin connectors also!

What are you really wanting to do though as this may suggest an appropriate setup that someone can help out on? Is this short term backup, long term storage/catalogue them, or is it manipulating/correcting images? Are you just wanting to view onsite a larger version of the photo so you can delete/redo, etc? Or something else?

You probably saw that Only a hill mentioned iOS Lightroom on another thread - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=655645&v=1#x8465884 . Don't know anything about the iOS version myself, but the desktop version is generally accepted as one of the best all round packages for photo management; I do all my photo management on PC.

OP n-stacey 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Hi

thanks gents for your input.
Food for thought.
 philmitch 03 Jan 2017
In reply to n-stacey:

Sony playmemories app (free) for both iphone / ipad and installed on camera lets you control the camera from the ipad and will download photos from camera directly over a private wifi network broadcast from the camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...