UKC

Rope Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rope_junkie 30 Dec 2016
Hi

I am a rope access technician and have recently become a level 3. I am looking for some ideas of which direction to go in the future so am just looking for any stories people might have of their own rope access careers or opportunities that people have taken advantage of after becoming a level 3. In particular if anyone is working in the wind turbine industry I'd be keen to hear from you.

A bit of my background is that I am currently working as a Level 3 in Australia and managing a small team of guys as part of a rope access division of a large painting company. My current title is rope access manager, although I'm not too worried about about keeping that title as I'm more interested in an interesting career as opposed to a responsibility heavy one. Most of my experience is city work, with a big stint of 'Geo' work too. I don't really have too many other tickets but am happy to get some if I thought it would lead me down a good path. I did have offshore certs for the UK but never really tried too hard to find work and they have expired now.

I am looking at heading back to the UK and have been out of the job market there for a few years now so would also be keen to hear anyones experience of what work is available and what type of money Level 3's are getting (just roughly, not asking for a close look at anyones pay slip)

Also am happy to respond to any questions about anyone wanting to come to Australia to work, which I would recommend anyone to do in this industry as things are booming here.

Thanks

lesleyann 30 Dec 2016
In reply to rope_junkie:
Australia looks a lot more fun than the UK and the weather is probably far better as well to work in. I'd love to head that direction but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

climber david 31 Dec 2016
In reply to rope_junkie:

theres a website called www.rigg-access.com which gas a large section on careers, both for advice and also job adverts. Maybe try there too
 Victoriacake 31 Dec 2016
In reply to rope_junkie:
I currently work in the wind industry. Message me if you want some info
rope_junkie 01 Jan 2017
In reply to lesleyann:

It is a lot of fun, but being summer at the moment I cant rave about the weather although I'd still take it over a British winter! Are you still with structures Lesley or did you go back the dark side of Geo?! It's Sam from Jersey btw
Hope all's well and you're getting to climb a lot
rope_junkie 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Victoriacake:

Thanks I sent an email
 Gman 01 Jan 2017
In reply to rope_junkie:

DM'd you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...