UKC

REVIEW: Mostly Mischief by HW Tilman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 30 Dec 2016
Mostly Mischief montage, 3 kbIn this reprint of one of HW Tilman's nautical books, he voyages through ice-choked polar seas in a tiny wooden boat in search of mountains far off the radar. Alex Roddie likes the cut of his jib.

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

best wishes
gregor
 Jim Hamilton 30 Dec 2016
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

One of the compilation books - seven mountain travel or eight sailing - preferably both.
 Trangia 30 Dec 2016
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> great review Alex- if i was to pick one Tilman book, would this one be the best place to start...?

>

I've read them all the 7 Mountaineering Books and the 8 sailing books. Fantastic tales of adventure beautifully written and totally absorbing.

"Mostly Mischief" was my first and it got me hooked.
pasbury 10 Jan 2017

Tilman's sailing books are all great stuff, it's hard to imagine now how isolated he & the crew were and how utterly self reliant they had to be.
 Dave 11 Jan 2017

All his books are a good read. An amazing life he had. I'm hoping to sail to Greenland in the summer and was just thumbing through his books again..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...