UKC

Gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 30 Dec 2016
It was brutally cold early yesterday morning and was wondering what gloves people are using? Ideally I'd like something that's as thin as possible but still warm for fast descents and hopefully waterproof or very water resistant.
Thoughts?
 Yanis Nayu 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Indy:

I've got some £7 ones from Aldi that do me down to about 4 degrees, but I'm eyeing up a pair of Rapha winter gloves currently going for £85.
 Run_Ross_Run 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Indy:

Have Endura dexters. Really rate then. Out the other day in minus figures and didnt feel cold at all. Made with windproof fabric.

Thin enough to open energy bars without having to take them off. Only problem is that they're not waterproof, water resistant i'd say but do keep fingers relatively warm when wet.

TobyA 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Indy:
I used to commute by bike through the Finnish winter - down to about -15 (I got superficial frostbite in my toes riding home one day when it was colder than that so started to use the bus when it was really cold!). Despite using cycling gloves the rest of they year, for mid-winter I used windproof fleece gloves - Lowe Alpine ones with suede on the palms and two fingers - good for changing gears and braking. The key thing is not to have them tight.

I bought some lobster claw ones too and they are alright but a clumsy for changing gears on my CX.
Post edited at 21:57
 wbo 30 Dec 2016
In reply to Indy: i use BD punishers for everything in the winter, including cycling to work. Not very thin, but plenty of dexterity and you won't get cold

Siward 31 Dec 2016
In reply to Indy:
I just bought these:

http://www.bike-science.com/products/phew-winter-glove-collection

Not tried in anger yet but essentially windstopper style gloves with gel pads and silicon grippy bits. They look and feel good and worn together very toasty (I hope).

Not totally waterproof.

http://road.cc/content/review/78205-phew-early-winter-windster-cycling-glov...
Post edited at 15:09

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...