UKC

Concert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 01 Jan 2017
As we often do Mrs. Fester and I watched today's New Year Concert from the Vienna Musikverein. It was a sheer delight.

About eight years ago we were able to attend a concert(not the New Year one) in person at this magnificent venue. As it was a special family do we splashed out for the best seats - in the gallery adjacent to the orchestra - and enjoyed Mozart and Strauss. Absolute magic.
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jan 2017
In reply to FesteringSore:

Listening to classical music live from the orchestra is a great experience.
OP FesteringSore 01 Jan 2017
Forgot to say that when we went the orchestra were in period costume. Lovely.

Fraser 01 Jan 2017
I saw some of the concert too, and had forgotten what a spectacular venue that place is. 'Shoebox design' doesn't quite cover it!

Edit: I should have added that when I was involved in the design of the new Perth Concert Hall a few years ago, we did a fair bit of research into the various, generic design 'types'. Shoebox is the recognised term for such a configuration, I wasn't trying to be disparaging about the place!
Post edited at 18:42
 Big Ger 01 Jan 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Agreed, a couple of years back I saw Tõnu Kaljuste conducting the Estonian Symphony orchestra and choir, doing an evening of Arvo Pärt, at Sydney opera house. One of those evenings which I will remember forever.
 Dave the Rave 01 Jan 2017

Aren't Mozart and Strauss dead?
 WildCamper 01 Jan 2017
I saw Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds live twice, the second time i was 3 rows from the orchestra.

Awesome performances
 Robert Durran 02 Jan 2017
In reply to Dave the Rave:

> Aren't Mozart and Strauss dead?

Oh no! Let's hope they're the final celebrity victims of the 2016 statistical blip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...