/ FS: BD C4 .4 Trigger Wire Repair Kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Duncan Campbell - on 05 Jan 2017 - user since 19/Sep/07
Price: £7

Clearing out my kit box and found this Black Diamond C4 .4 (small blue size) trigger wire repair kit. Replaced my C4s with totem basics so rarely use them anymore. Unlikely to need to repair trigger wires for this reason.

It's a great way to save some cash by buying a new cam or sending your knackered cam back to BD. Really easy to do yourself - I've done loads for myself and friends. You just need some pliers.

Postage at buyers' cost (shouldn't cost much)

In perfect condition - picture proof available on request.
Fiona Reid - on 05 Jan 2017
In reply to Duncan Campbell:
I think 0.4 is the small grey one? At least it is for my camalots
Post edited at 18:04
Duncan Campbell - on 06 Jan 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:
Ah yes you are correct!! My mistake!!
Duncan Campbell - on 07 Jan 2017
Bump - a great way to save a bit of cash and do your bit for the environment!!
john_mx - on 07 Jan 2017

Will this fit a size 3 at all ?

John
Duncan Campbell - on 07 Jan 2017
In reply to john_mx:

Hi John - not too sure to be honest! If you have both a size 3 and a .3 you could see if the trigger wires are of a similar length? If so should be fine..?
Fiona Reid - on 07 Jan 2017

Pretty sure that they are different thicknesses. I've replaced the wires on a 0.3 and a 2 (blue and yellow) cam so far and you'd not be able to interchange the wires for them. The bigger cams have much thicker wires
Duncan Campbell - on 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Really?!? They all seem of a similar thickness on my dragons - would be surprised if it was different on C4s...?
Fiona Reid - on 08 Jan 2017

They definitely different have wire thickness. I remember this because the 0.3 was easy to replace but with the size 2 I needed my other half to use brute force to bend the ends of the wire. See the photo at: https://flic.kr/p/QPRBYw

At the top is a size 3 with a 0.4 in the middle and a 0.3 at the bottom. The wires that insert into the cam lobes are much thicker for the size 3, maybe 2-2.5 times thicker than the ones on the 0.3.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Duncan Campbell - on 08 Jan 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Hmm yes you may be right - fortunately the kit I have would fit a size 3 as the wire would be thin enough to go through the holes in the lobes. So if you still want the repair kit john_mx it's all yours!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.