UKC

Logged Ascents problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomrainbow 07 Jan 2017

I just checked the logbook for Devon Sent and saw 19 ascents (or attempted ascents) recorded by the name on the Bovey Woods home page. However, when I clicked in the route itself, only six ascents (or attempts) had been recorded. I then looked at a few other problems nearby and the same thing was happening.

Any ideas why this should be?
Post edited at 10:55
 remus Global Crag Moderator 07 Jan 2017
In reply to tomrainbow:

People with their logbooks set to private perhaps?

Seems a shame if it is the case though, as it would make checking if things are in condition trickier, especially at less popular places that might only get a handful of logged ascents.
In reply to tomrainbow:

> I just checked the logbook for Devon Sent and saw 19 ascents (or attempted ascents) recorded by the name on the Bovey Woods home page. However, when I clicked in the route itself, only six ascents (or attempts) had been recorded. I then looked at a few other problems nearby and the same thing was happening.

> Any ideas why this should be?

This was a technical problem we had last year which I thought had been solved. I will make a note to Paul to get him to look into it but he is away on holiday at the moment.

Alan
In reply to tomrainbow:

There is a stored value we use as an ascent count. It would appear this value is out of sync with the actual logged ascents indicating it's probably not being updated when someone is either adding or removing a logged ascent.

I'm not sure exactly why it's being counted using this method, maybe there was a reason for this but I'll talk to Paul when he's back. For the time being I've changed the counting logic to actually count how many ascents there are in the database at that given moment. I've checked quite a few routes now and this seems to have fixed the issue.

If someone spots any strange values then please post here and let me know.

Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...