UKC

Loose Rock - Horseshoe Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 williemiller 09 Jan 2017
While climbing at Horseshoe Quarry yesterday I pulled a decent amount of rock from the upper section of [climb(340378,"Down to the Last") in the Androids Sector. There is still loose rock up there on the route and I would advise extreme caution if climbing in the vicinity. I was unable to get above the loose stuff to remove it safely.
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2017
In reply to williemiller:

I think you missed out an = sign after 'Rock' and before 'Horseshoe'
 zv 09 Jan 2017

Thanks for letting us know.

Horseshoe scares me. I remember a few years ago I was on the main wall (surprisingly lovely piece of rock with some great 6s) and every 10 mins or so I could hear sounds of tumbling rock from the big 40 meter slabs on the far left.

Chris Harris 09 Jan 2017

In other breaking news, ursine forest-based defaecation and Papal religious tendencies.
 Bulls Crack 09 Jan 2017
In reply to zmv:

Lovely piece of rock...Horseshoe

zv 09 Jan 2017
In reply to Bulls Crack:

haha I knoow . To be fair I really enjoyed School's Out 6a+ and the 6c just to the left of it.

I think there's even a Jonny Dawes 6b just to the right.

Good climbing on these routes that distracts you from the "lovely" setting.
 philhilo 09 Jan 2017
In reply to zmv:

Horseshoe is definitely one of the better quarries these days with the ponds and planting - not as good as Masson, but have you ever been into Lorry Park? That is a rubbish tip, literally - why there is an immense pile of motor cycle seats I have no idea!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...