UKC

Renault Kangoo 1.2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NP 09 Jan 2017
Hi
Has anyone got experience of the Renault Kangoo 1.2 SWB?
Cheers
 Rob Exile Ward 09 Jan 2017
In reply to NP:

It's French. Things will fall off and the electrics won't work.
 joepremier 09 Jan 2017
In reply to NP:

Had a 1999 one, very under powered when full, loud on the motorway, did have electric problems, still liked its charm and practical boot space!
OP NP 09 Jan 2017
In reply to NP:

Cheers guys so far
Looking at the van fyi
 AP Melbourne 09 Jan 2017
In reply to NP:

> Hi

> Has anyone got experience of the Renault Kangoo 1.2 SWB?

> Cheers

Not sure my brand spanking Kangoo straight off the showroom floor is a 1.2 SWB (whatever that is) but am happy enough with it.
Confusing unless you read the users' manual as being French all the controls are ar*e about so I keep putting the wipers on when trying to indicate. Also, stupidly (on my part) I hunted and hunted to find the lever that pops the petrol flap open but the book says "put finger in flap and open" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
 Toerag 10 Jan 2017
In reply to NP:
I've a secondhand 2001 1.4 RXE (car). Half the heater speeds didn't work (new rheostat), one electric window switch replaced, water is getting under the plastic floor somehow, the sliding doors are badly rusting underneath the windows (which seem to be less convex than they should be and have 'popped' out along the bottom edge) and the driveshafts just had to be replaced to fix knackered CVs. Just replaced the back half of the exhaust. Engine stalls/refuses to start intermittently when cold and we can't work out why. I think living in the Shetlands until 2012 didn't help. I did drive it to Germany and back in the summer - it's OK on the motorway, but it's a 70mph cruise car and nothing faster. I'd suspect a 1.2 will be under-powered for mainland/europe driving (it's a 35mph limit here so power isn't really a problem). Practicality is fantastic, although the tailgate needs a lot of space to swing out.
Post edited at 11:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...