/ Suunto repair charges?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
ScraggyGoat on 09 Jan 2017
Anyone have any recent experience of suuntos repair service charges once out of warranty?

I have a Suunto Core of several (actually many) years standing, altimeter no longer functioning. Wondering whether its worth sending in for repair i.e. the likely cost.

Similar happened to the previous Vector I owned, and it was almost cheaper to buy the Core (admittedly on sale) as a replacement, than pay the quoted repair & shipping bill.
gav - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I recently returned a dead out-of-warranty Core. They said that they no longer make that specific model of core, and offered me a different (all black?) model at "reduced" price (~120). Seemed a reasonable deal, but took the opportunity to get a GPS watch elsewhere.
blurty - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

The compass on my 12yr old Vector stopped working, they said the unit was U/S and, if I were to pay a 60euro service fee, they'd replace the guts of the watch.

When it came back there was a nice wee note from the tech, who said he'd noticed the case was cracked, so he'd replaced that too.

So, for 60 euro I basically got my old strap back, attached to a new watch.

I'll always buy Suunto

RichardB on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Not had any experience with outdoor watches but my experience with getting Suunto Dive computers repaired was excellent value.
99ster - on 11 Jan 2017
In reply to blurty:

> So, for 60 euro I basically got my old strap back, attached to a new watch.

> I'll always buy Suunto

I had a similar experience. Big fan of Suunto & their customer service.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.