/ Had my gear stolen and looking at new

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jay Fitz - on 10 Jan 2017
I've had all my gear stolen and looking at what is on the market now for bouldering, abseiling, and solo ascending with a top rope. Shoes to cover all aspects as a starting point again too. Any help please
Rigid Raider - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Decathlon. Cheap.
MrJared - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Go Outdoors also have a very good sale on, including ropes and shoes.
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Thanks for that. It's just a kick in the balls when you've built it up for years. Is the climb x gear any good? Shoes etc
MrJared - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

Sorry to hear that. Not personally tried them myself but I do see plenty down at my local wall so someone will be able to help. As I mentioned above Go Outdoors have a good sale on, I saw some Evolv shoes for £40 on Sunday. Also 60m Beal ropes for £64. Might be worth a look.
In reply to MrJared:

That's brilliant thanks. Just hope the quality from there is good.
kevin stephens - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:
I would talk to and support a proper climbing shop with knowlegeable staff, they may be willing to give you a special discount for a bulk buy
In reply to Jay Fitz:

That would be my preferred method but cash is hard after loosing so much. But thanks for that.
JamieSparkes - on 10 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

how about dick's climbing:

http://www.dicksclimbing.com/

they offer personal quotes on large orders.
Robb Bert - on 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:
I bought the cheap lace up climb X shoes £40 for long easier routes and trashing at the wall. I now have a worn out (flexible) pair for the grit. New stiff pair for edgy stuff and half size bigger for all day use. I use them up to F7c &V7. My 2 pairs of fancy shoes never come out of the bottom of the rucksack. It's rare that I think the shoes are stopping me.
So for me they are great, but they do fit my feet really well.

Robb
PS. I've just bought the Beal 60m for £57.50 from Go Outdoors.
Post edited at 23:19
Jay Fitz - on 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Robb Bert:

Thanks for that info robb
troybison - on 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Jay Fitz:

I also had ClimbX lace when I started indoor bouldering 2yr ago. After a year I reached f6a standard or so, I bought some 5.10 pinks. I did notice an immediate improvement especially on small edges - the ClimbX are very floppy in comparison - but the 5.10s also felt more secure on small smeary footholds (better rubber?). Both pairs were same length, though the 5.10s took a bit more wearing in to get comfortable, probably due to a more aggressive heel shape.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.