UKC

The OA - Netflix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 11 Jan 2017
If there's a better show on TV in 2017 than the OA then I'll eat one of those awards that get handed out to populist tripe like the Night Manager. All the big questions are considered, from faith, to family, to mortality. Supernatural, yet painted on an intimate canvas with evanescent strokes. Beautiful.

The trailer with its car crashes and running around is misleading. It's not that kind of show at all. It's a supernatural mystery about truth. And all the better for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvHJtez2IlY&

ThunderCat 11 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

Meh. I can't work out if I liked it or not. I've got into the habit of binge watching box sets over the past year and came across this...feels like I had to push myself to get through the last few episodes.

In reply to BnB:

Not seen it yet, but will give it a go. Currently coming to the end of Narcos (which is brilliant) and wife wants to watch Making a Murderer next, but after that OA it is.
 ThunderCat 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Loved Narcos.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 11 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

I've not seen it yet but they've used a load of my photos to decorate the bedrooms. Need to have a close look!
 Yanis Nayu 11 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

What's OA?

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime is brilliant.
OP BnB 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> What's OA?

Many are asking just that even after watching the whole series. It's a mystery about truth which invites the audience to relish the questions it leaves unanswered as much as the story itself, beautifully told though it is.

Tyler 11 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

Not a fan of supernatural so wont be watching but I was delighted to find the 5th season of Homeland on Netflix this week. There haveve been a few late nights!

MonkeyPuzzle 11 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

I was pretty much alone in my friend group for having really enjoyed it (despite finding the ending a bit of a cringer). I enjoyed the slow, nostalgic waftiness of it. Totally different in pace and style from anything else going at the moment.
OP BnB 11 Jan 2017
In reply to Tyler:

> Not a fan of supernatural so wont be watching but I was delighted to find the 5th season of Homeland on Netflix this week. There haveve been a few late nights!

I think if Homeland is your thing then the OA may not be for you. On the other hand, it's not full of Hobbits or monsters. I don't dig that stuff at all.

While contemplating alternative realities the show does so in an exploration of truth not fantasy, in which sense it's more philosophical than supernatural.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...