/ Can't sleep - Too hot/too cold

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
balmybaldwin - on 12 Jan 2017
I have not slept for more than an hour nowsince the weekend and I'm beginning to go a bit crazy.

My problem is I keep waking up way too hot and covered in sweat, despite only having a 4.5 Tog duvet on the bed

I'm actually a little cold when I get into bed, but pretty much as soon as I actually go to sleep I wake up roasting hot.

I do have a bit of a cold round me, but no temperature, I think principally my problem is lack of sleep.

Has anyone had this before, any ideas how I can tr to get some sleep?
mypyrex - on 12 Jan 2017
In reply to balmybaldwin:

SERIOUSLY if it is happening regularly get it checked out by GP. It can be but one symptom of something serious or it might be nothing. I speak from experience.
In reply to mypyrex:

Its not what I'd call regular.... just these last few days but will bear in mind
Scarab9 - on 12 Jan 2017

Can't help except with sympathy.

I actually slept last night (hurrah!) but it's the first time since about a week before Xmas that I have properly. Most nights literally 2 hours and wide awake the rest of the night. Nothing worked. (I get patches of insomnia but this has been the worst ever.)

I do wake up now and then drenched in sweat too (generally) and mostly when the room is really cold. Not sure if I just wrapping up so much there's no airflow or what but it's horrible.
mypyrex - on 12 Jan 2017

Without wanting to be alarmist if it persists check if you have any other symptoms but do NOT get paranoid.
NottsRich on 12 Jan 2017

Have you had a cough/blocked sinuses (like many other people at the moment) in the last few weeks? Seems to be particularly nasty. I've had it/getting over it, and also get the hot/cold sweats at night, even though most other symptoms have faded.
Timmd on 12 Jan 2017

Could you open your window a crack and see if that helps? I can find I need a window open even when it's quite cold.
Timmd on 12 Jan 2017

If it continues after the cold has gone I guess that could be the time to think about whether it's something bigger?
In reply to NottsRich:

Yes, hopefully its just that then
galpinos on 12 Jan 2017

Have you checked your temperature when you wake with the sweats? If you're ill, I think it's about 3/4am when your natural defenses are at their lowest.

If your temp is high, paracetamol might help?
Orange - on 12 Jan 2017

If you have got whatever cold's going round, here's another vote for paracetamol.
Worked like an absolute dream for my fever, migraine, sore throat, etc, from last week's cold.

Big Ger - on 13 Jan 2017

It doesn't go below 28 degrees in our bedroom at them moment, and it's only going to get worse. I could move the mattress into our lounge, where we have aircon, but that sounds like a 787 taking off, so swings and roundabouts.
DubyaJamesDubya - on 13 Jan 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> It doesn't go below 28 degrees in our bedroom at them moment, and it's only going to get worse.

Why??

Big Ger - on 13 Jan 2017
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

It's summer here.
Duncan Bourne - on 13 Jan 2017

Menopause?

You have my sympathies though
ads.ukclimbing.com
balmybaldwin - on 13 Jan 2017

I have today awoken from a lovely 10 hours of slumber... didn't change anything but I guess the house was cooler due to the snow/coldfront

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.