The Rock, Climbing Wall in Harlech is an exciting and innovative climbing wall based in Snowdonia, North Wales and it requires an enthusiastic and highly motived Duty Manager to move it forward in the world of Indoor Climbing. If you have the passion, integrity and up for a challenge, then this could be the job for you.
Due to the on-going development of the Rock Climbing Wall in Harlech & Arduwy Leisure, we are looking for a Duty Manager who is an experienced climber who can fill the following requirements. Duty Managers are responsible for the day-to-day and safe running of the Climbing Wall. This includes all aspects of Health and Safety associated with operating a safe centre including the cleaning and maintenance.
Duty Managers will be expected to do some climbing instruction which may range from groups and parties to more advanced performance workshops subject to experience and qualifications. They will also need to look at Climbing Wall Development and setting out timetables/programmes for the Climbing Wall, there will also be an element of marketing the Climbing Wall to a wider audience and developing new ideas and concepts.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Hold a NGB- CWA/SPA Climbing Instructor Qualification and aspiring to get a higher qualification
• Hold a Current First Aid Certificate
• Be climbing at an advanced level
• Have good customer service skills
• Be a good confident team leader.
• Have good climbing instruction experience including indoors
• Experience of Risk Assessments
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• CWLA / MIA
• Attended BMC fundamentals workshop and hold the foundation coach award or higher
• Have experience of route setting
• Experience of developing and marketing a climbing wall
Post is offered as a Permanent Part-Time Post (25-30 hours a week) with a starting Salary between £18,000-£22,000 pro rata - subject to experience / qualifications.
Applications should be made in writing, with a Covering Letter and CV by the 30.01.2017.