UKC

Looking for climbing partner Lancaster, Preston areas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phillau 14 Jan 2017
Male looking for indoor climbing partner Lancaster, Preston areas - after work or weekends. I climbed 3 years ago. Now back from injury and looking to get back into it. I enjoy both bouldering (not very good yet), and rope climbing - about 5+ grade. I'm in my early 40's, about 11 stone, and don't mind climbing with younger/older or more experienced climbers

petegunn 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Phillau:

I dont live in the area but have you tried the West View leisure centre in Preston
Often visit if down that way (mother-in-law) and there always seems to be a good vibe.
 Roger Vickers 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Phillau:

Just call in at Boulder uk in Blackburn you can visit web page www.boulderuk.info . You dont need a partner cause it's a dedicated bouldering centre, very friendly. I'm sure you will soon get to know every one and meet someone to get out and climb with on the real stuff.
OP Phillau 14 Jan 2017
In reply to petegunn:

Thanks for the tip. I have been to west view before. But probably wouldn't go unless I had a belay partner. Otherwise, I would be bouldering. I enjoy bouldering, but too intense for my shoulders at the moment, so want to get into rope climbing first. I use Lancaster University wall where I gym.
Richardhenton 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Phillau:

Have a look at Preston Mountaineering club. Weekly meets at Westview and regular trips out and about at the weekends. Probably the best climbing club in the north west 😜
 Scott K 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Phillau:
Try posting in the lifts and partners section as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...