UKC

Flights to Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Man city 15 Jan 2017
Anyone know when the direct flights to Kos start again, preferably from somewhere up north.
Thanks in advance
Mart
 andyb211 15 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

Yes.
OP Man city 16 Jan 2017
In reply to andyb211:

Helpful
 kipper12 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

No flights with Ryanair from this part of the world - North West, unless something has changed, they are in dispute with local authorities over landing fees. Easyjet fly from Glasgow, and go sometime in early April. Jet 2 go from Manchester, but can't remember when. I've friends taking the Glasgow route in early April (going from Liverpool)
 earlsdonwhu 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

For what it's worth, my indirect flight via Athens was not much different in price to what I paid on Jet2 this autumn. Obviously, a few hours longer!
OP Man city 16 Jan 2017
In reply to earlsdonwhu:
Thanks
Have done the Athens to kaly and Athens to Kos before, went tits up a couple of times due to high winds, ended up stuck in Athens for a couple of days, hence reluctance to go this route again.

Thanks anyway
OP Man city 16 Jan 2017
In reply to kipper12:

Thanks kipper12.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

> Have done the Athens to kaly and Athens to Kos before, went tits up a couple of times due to high winds, ended up stuck in Athens for a couple of days, hence reluctance to go this route again.

Athens to Kos is usually a safe bet, Aegean use 737s in the season and the runway faces the northerlies that stop the small planes landing on Kaly,

Chris

bill88 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

guys there are also direct flights to kalymnos from athens with astra airlines
http://www.astra-airlines.gr/
 Babika 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

I flew to Bodrum and got a ferry last October.

Bodrum is about 5 miles across the water from Kalymnos. Worth looking at if the Bodrum flights start earlier or work from your airports.
 Liam Ingram 17 Jan 2017
In reply to kipper12:
>Easyjet fly from Glasgow, and go sometime in early April
> I've friends taking the Glasgow route in early April (going from Liverpool)

Sadly it looks like this is no longer the case. I've been looking at going in early April but there doesn't appear to be an economical way of getting there (based in Edinburgh) when compared to other hot rock destinations. I'd love to be proved wrong though!
Post edited at 13:27
 Anotherclimber 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Man city:

Rather than asking for information here, researching individual airlines on the net would tell you all you needed to know. You would also have the advantage of getting the information first hand.
OP Man city 17 Jan 2017
In reply to Anotherclimber:

Thanks I realise that , but considering how popular kaly is, I thought someone might have done the leg work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...