UKC

Ice Water fall - Chatel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JackO3522 19 Jan 2017
Hi Ladys and gents

Im currently working in Chatel on the French / swiss border doing a winter season out here and wanted to know has an one ever climbed the Waterfall thats frozen on the way to Pre La Joux ? Ive done some digging up but cant find anything really of any use, If anyone has anything on it there help would be greatly appreciated .

Also are there any aspirant guides in the area ? that anyone would know ?

Thanks in advance
Jack Oliver
 Sam W 19 Jan 2017
In reply to jackianoliver:

I've done some ice climbing round Chatel, was in 2007 when I did a season there. Didn't have a guidebook, but seem to remember there was evidence of other people having been up there before us. Were you looking for specific info?

Sam.
OP JackO3522 22 Jan 2017
In reply to Sam W:

Cheers Sam .... I was just after seeing if there was a guide book on the area really . A few people Ive talked to have said when things come in there is loads but there is never any specifics
 osheye 22 Jan 2017
In reply to JackO3522:

hi , did you learn anymore of the icefall , is there some easy stuff , leaving uk Thursday for skiing and easy ice or top rope harder , will be passing near , I see theres a campsite for me , but a quick look ...cannot find chatel , could you tell me the road tis on please and will I spot said ice , cheers
Removed User 23 Jan 2017
In reply to JackO3522:

I climbed some of these, probably towards the end of the nineties; so memory is hazy. I do remember when abbing off one of the larger more prominent ones we didn't abb all the way down. Instead we traversed off along a ledge system. This area had obviously been part of a small mine and there was a 'cabin' built into a cave area which just appeared to have been abandoned many years previously. Lots of day to day items, furniture etc still in situ.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...