UKC

Velcro Climbing shoe upgrade!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
TeHut 20 Jan 2017

Hi,
Here is solution what eliminates wear of Velcro Climbing shoe Velcro attachments!!

I have tested these for a year and shoes sole is now again what defines lifetime of climbing shoe(I used to use climbing shoes with laces). Before this velcro attachments wore badly in 6 months and shoes were garbage. I live in Finland so we are bouldering quite much on sharp Finnish granite =D. After a year "Clipare"s are still working and I can move them to my new shoes, so these have quite long lifetime also.

I have used months for finding right shape and measurements for these and now they are working great

These also give some fresh new look for your climbing shoes =D

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GQW35DFSG/clipare-x-8-for-2-pair-of-shoes
Post edited at 13:40
 JJL 20 Jan 2017
In reply to TeHut:

You should probably mention it is *your* product.

Not a problem I've ever found to be honest.
 Kevster 20 Jan 2017
In reply to TeHut:

Exactly how much toe/foot hooking do you do? For the tops of your shoes to give up before the soles wear out, or a crystal punctures the toe rand?

I wonder what Dragons Den would say?
"Its a niche product to solve a virtually non existent problem, for that reason, I'm out!"
Or "Just buy shoes without velcro when climbing Finnish granite?"

Though I joke and can't see a use for it myself, I wish you luck on your endeavour.
TeHut 21 Jan 2017
In reply to TeHut:

Hi,
At first place this idea came from problem with velcro climbing shoes and quite many are complaining wearing of these attachments. below is link for picture to show this. All my velcro shoes have had this problem. Or maybe we just use so much hooks here or it just comes from our climbing style =D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GhSX5qEE9OSFkyWTZoX1ZCeFE/view
 JJL 21 Jan 2017
In reply to TeHut:

So just duct-tape them.
TeHut 21 Jan 2017
In reply to TeHut:

Hi,
At first I tried different types of equipment repair tapes and kevlar tapes but those are loosening all the time and are very annoying to add. Also you need to change them too often which is also annoying =)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...