UKC

6-12 months out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oplumb 25 Jan 2017
HI Guys not sure if this is the right fourm

In 2 years im planning to take 6-12 months out from work and would like to just go traveling and climbing.
Ideally i would like to live it the dirtbag style, what places should i put onto the list of places to go? (i know i wanna do yosemite for sure)
 snoop6060 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Oplumb:

I guess if you're really keen on a proper dirtbag existence, a summer sleeping at stoney ought to be high on your list. Nick a 5kg tub of nutella from Costco, get a £2 sleeping bag and sleep on windy ledge until sick of the lorries. Then Spain maybe
 tk421 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Oplumb:

Arapiles

You'll find partners easy. Trad from Diff up to EHard. Great sport, from 7s upwards.
All within walking distance from the campsite.
Katemonster 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Oplumb:

I second Mt Arapiles. You should plan to go there spring or autumn.

But if you tell us what type/length/style /grade of climbing you like, its easier to recommend places.
OP Oplumb 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Katemonster:

I have only climbed sport thus far but in the summer I'm being taught how to trad and multi pitch.

I'm able to climb 6b+ on sight or after 1-2 attempts

Hope this helps
 dsauerbrun 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Oplumb:

hey, so i built a site to help plan trips exactly like this! www.climbcation.com

There are some filters you can use(as well as the map to filter where in the world you want to go) and it'll spit back world class climbing destinations as well as some trip beta(how to get there, where to stay, if you need a car, etc...). If you put in your airport you can find a cheap destination to fly into.

When you've picked a place you're interested in sites like ukclimbing come into play to get specific route information and access information.

If you've got any feedback, let me know! I'm always trying to improve the site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...