UKC

World War 3 approaching?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 25 Jan 2017

Never mind your mortgage, in 6 months time there may not be a world left.
The Chinese are lining up WF51 missiles in Russia, aimed at the US.
Trump is an insane idiot.
Post edited at 14:04
 simonharpham 25 Jan 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Excellent. I'll call the building society and tell them the whole thing's off. I'm sure they'll understand.
 MonkeyPuzzle 25 Jan 2017

I can't work out whether this will be good or bad for house prices.
 Andy Hardy 25 Jan 2017
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

As ever, location, location, location.

If you're sitting in a reinforced 3 bed bunker, with an independent water supply in a very remote location that's good news. If your post code is within the fallout zone for ground zero, you may find the value of your house drops quite a bit.

Isn't this old news, Oct 2016? When Obama was still in the hot seat? and in reaction to NATO missile defense systems in Europe and Asia?

DerwentDiluted 25 Jan 2017
Nowt new, when the air becomes Unranious we will all go simultaneous...

youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI&
Post edited at 14:52
 Mike Stretford 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:
There's been new announcements

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-...
Post edited at 14:52
 hokkyokusei 25 Jan 2017

> The Chinese are lining up WF51 missiles in Russia, aimed at the US.

What does that mean?
Clauso 25 Jan 2017

Some of us have been preparing for this eventuality for some time now.

I'm looking forward to getting some recognition for my skills at Fallout 4, when I leave the vault following the apocalypse.
 FactorXXX 25 Jan 2017

It's alright, I'm with the Coventry and no one will want to bomb that.
 FactorXXX 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Andy Hardy:

If your post code is within the fallout zone for ground zero, you may find the value of your house drops quite a bit.

You can work it out here: -

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
 ThunderCat 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Clauso:

> Some of us have been preparing for this eventuality for some time now.

> I'm looking forward to getting some recognition for my skills at Fallout 4, when I leave the vault following the apocalypse.

Hopefully like me you've been stashing the bottlecaps from all those Hobgoblin ales I've been drinking. I'll be the richest man in the wasteland

MonkeyPuzzle 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> As ever, location, location, location.

> If your post code is within the fallout zone for ground zero, you may find the value of your house drops quite a bit.

I don't know, I'd expect it to be quite desirable for the first-time mutant buyers market.
KevinD 25 Jan 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I'll be the richest man in the wasteland

I have been writing to various corporations offering my skills as a social science researcher with the emphasis on a total lack of scruples and a belief that ethics is a county near London.
Reckon I should have my place sorted in the vaults. Had an offer asking if I was willing to try working with owl-human mutants.
 Dave Garnett 25 Jan 2017

> The Chinese are lining up WF51 missiles in Russia, aimed at the US.

Really, have I missed something? Since when have the Russians and Chinese been chummy enough to allow Chinese nukes onto Russian territory?

> Trump is an insane idiot.

Roger that, but not sure why either the Russians or the Chinese couldn't threaten him perfectly adequately on their own. We managed it with one of his own missiles.

Lusk 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> As ever, location, location, location.

> If you're sitting in a reinforced 3 bed bunker, with an independent water supply in a very remote location that's good news. If your post code is within the fallout zone for ground zero, you may find the value of your house drops quite a bit.

I live next to the Manchester Water Ring Main, fed from Thirlmere, they're not going to nuclify that, are they?
If I start digging now, tap into said water pipe, I should have nice pit to survive in.
Must remember to stockpile homebrew kits and sugar.
 Big Ger 25 Jan 2017

When I moved to Aus I took out a membership in STARK, I'm sorted.
 coinneach 25 Jan 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Yes Indeed!
 jondo 26 Jan 2017

I have the pink tricam, so i feel safe.
 DaveHK 26 Jan 2017
In reply to jondo:

> I have the pink tricam, so i feel safe.

A giant hex and a shopping trolley to carry it would probably be more useful in a 'The Road' style post apocalypse world.
 Andy Hardy 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Lusk:

> I live next to the Manchester Water Ring Main, fed from Thirlmere, they're not going to nuclify that, are they?

> [...]

Really depends on how good the guidance systems are.

Whilst living in Manchester is probably good training for the post-apocoplypse, being there when the balloon goes up will reduce your chances of making the vigilante cheerleading squad, unless you have a good air filtration system in your reinforced bunker...

spartacus 26 Jan 2017
In reply to DaveHK:
What grade of climb would you need to solo to prevent a nuked zombie following you up?
Could they climb V diff or harder. They wouldn't have the subtle foot work for slabs so I would head for three Pebble slab.
 Root1 26 Jan 2017

We're fcuked anyway. If we don't get nuked, climate change will get us.
 Shani 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Root1:

> We're fcuked anyway. If we don't get nuked, climate change will get us.

The rich are way ahead of us: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/01/30/doomsday-prep-for-the-super-ri...
abseil 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Dorchester:

> ....I would head for three Pebble slab.

It's only HVS, so quite easy for many zombies.
 aln 26 Jan 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

> Hopefully like me you've been stashing the bottlecaps from all those Hobgoblin ales I've been drinking. I'll be the richest man in the wasteland

You want some of this http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/fallout-beer-announced-by-bethesda-and...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...