UKC

Cheap bed for the night - Geneva Airport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 edunn 25 Jan 2017
Anyone know of a cheap place to crash for the night near Geneva airport.

Just wondering if there are any gems not on booking.com / Air B&B etc.
 Durbs 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

Not sure if they're "cheap" (This is Switzerland), but some friends do an Airbnb just outside Geneva:
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/5819294?adults=1&children=0&guests=1...

Fiona Reid 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

Cheap and Geneva don't seem to co-exist.

Probably depends on whether you have transport or not - if you do then heading into France is likely to be cheaper than anything on the Swiss side.

Last summer we stayed at Nash Airport Hotel. It was 100 CHF for the night and had a free shuttle to/from the airport which worked well for us we arrived late and didn't want to collect our hire car till the morning etc.
 SiWood 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:
There is a F1 hotel just over the border in France in Ferney Voltaire. Its only about 15 mins drive from the airport by car and not that difficult to find.
Might not help with no car !
Post edited at 16:04
 john spence 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

Stayed in a youth hostel in Geneva in 2007, made the mistake of getting a taxi (27 euros appro) train would have been less than 3 euros.
( yes I know they use francs but some do accept euros)
 colinakmc 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

Some of us stayed in a place called Hotel 33 which was the cheapest we could find, and wasn't far from the airport a few years ago but they seem to want 99 Chf per night now....since then we've always managed to get inbound flights that we could travel in for on the same day.
 Niblet 25 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

I've stayed twice at http://www.cityhostel.ch/site/fr/, it was ok and like 40-50 francs for a night in a single room, walking distance from the central station.
OP edunn 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Ally Smith:

Done that more than once, in the cafe with the nice pictures of the Matterhorn on the wall just before you head into the train station!

However, I've decided I actually like sleeping and I need wifi so I can dial into a conference call in the morning (. . . work is really, really pants isn't it!) So think I'll go for the F1 on the French side. I'll be hiring a car (and driving in France) so saves all the faff with the tolls etc.

Thanks all
OP edunn 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Durbs:

Your friends Air B&B looks lovely btw, but a bit far away and in the wrong direction for me!
 tkchips 26 Jan 2017
In reply to edunn:

I stayed here when I needed to wait for a friend to arrive in the day after me, host was friendly, spoke some english, and was cheaper than a hostel. Just get the train into the centre and then it was like a 20 minute walk or 5 minute tram ride.
Also had a cute fluffy dog to entertain!
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2478417

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...