UKC

Dog friendly accommodation keswick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scarab9 26 Jan 2017
Morning all,

Anyone know of anywhere cheap to stay in Keswick that is OK with dogs? If not keswick Ambleside. I'm normally a yha goer, not usually got a critter along...
J1234 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

In the great tradition of UKC I will suggest somewhere that is in neither of the places you have asked about, but it is halfway between http://raisecottagegrasmere.co.uk/
OP Scarab9 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Sadly full but I am giving you a like for the suggestion and also the manner in which you suggested it
 mike123 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:
In the same vein , the middle ruddings at braithwaite, not really cheap but serve excellent pint of three different local beers or just over new lands the. Camping barn at buttermere
Edit : sorry for typos phone and fat fingers
Post edited at 17:22
OP Scarab9 26 Jan 2017
In reply to mike123:

> In the same vein , the middle ruddings at braithwaite, not really cheap but serve excellent pint of three different local beers or just over new lands the. Camping barn at buttermere

> Edit : sorry for typos phone and fat fingers

cheers for both of those. First is full, second we'd need to rent the whole thing (obv) and there's just two of us.
This is starting to look a problem :-/ (plus everywhere wants minimum 2 nights which wasn't the plan)
zannak 26 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

I've stayed at Great Langdale bunkhouse a few times with my dog. It's basic but the location is fantastic and the owners are lovely.

Last week I camped at YHA Borrowdale with my dog and he was allowed in the bar area which was great in the evenings.
OP Scarab9 26 Jan 2017
In reply to zannak:

> I've stayed at Great Langdale bunkhouse a few times with my dog. It's basic but the location is fantastic and the owners are lovely.

> Last week I camped at YHA Borrowdale with my dog and he was allowed in the bar area which was great in the evenings.

ooh thanks, Great Langdale one might be getting a call tomorrow
 chappers 27 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

YHA borrow dale also have Pods if you don't want to camp and you can take dogs in them.

Stuwrt
OP Scarab9 27 Jan 2017
In reply to chappers:

> YHA borrow dale also have Pods if you don't want to camp and you can take dogs in them.

> Stuwrt

I suggested a fall back of a pod at a site just outside keswick thinking the response would be 'sod off' but my friend's well up for it so that might be the way we go Should give a ring today but I've not ha chance yet

climber34neil 28 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:

Lyndale guest house on Lake road ambleside is dog friendly and very good, kirkstone foot apartments in Ambleside also have dog friendly apartments and is also good if you want self catering
 mike123 28 Jan 2017
In reply to Scarab9:
If you're not sorted , try buttermere camping barn , you may not need to book the whole thing .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...