UKC

Boreal Sendai and Drom - sizing and fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 More-On 26 Jan 2017
I'm in the market for new approach shoes for long mountain days out up to and including the Cuillin ridge.
The Boreal Sendai and Drom have caught my eye and I wondered if anyone could provide any thoughts on them? I note from Martin's review on here, and others, that they suit normal to wide feet and seem reasonably 'true to size' - has anyone got any thoughts on this as I will have to order online.
I've had Scarpa Zens and new style Camp Fours previously, so any comparison to these in particular would be great.
Thanks
OP More-On 27 Jan 2017
In reply to More-On:

Can I take it everyone is wearing guide tennies then...
 normie boy 06 Feb 2017
In reply to More-On:

I bought a pair of boreal fuji boots > 10 years ago. They have been superb. I look out boreal when I can but that's not often in UK. They were sized oddly.. 9 1/3 =43 2/3.... or something. They are also shaped differently so i have always trimmed new insoles. But they are comfortable and fit me well. And built very well.
Those Droms look good to me too but the sizing and shaping make me resist going for them wout trying them.
OP More-On 06 Feb 2017
In reply to normie boy:

Cheers for the reply.
When you say shaped differently, can I ask in what way?
 normie boy 06 Feb 2017
In reply to More-On:

Their old website use to argue they were unique in using something like offset lasts... I can't recall the technical term. . Now scarpa, notably, claim many different last shapes but I suspect boreal were leaders in pushing different boot shapes. So the last was not 'straight'. Simply as that. Whatever last they did use, it worked for me.
I did have some trouble years ago with meindl boots which struck me as being lasted straight and pained my feet some. Nowadays I use Meindl .... so I maintain boreal educated them!
OP More-On 06 Feb 2017
In reply to normie boy:

Thanks again - much appreciated.
Now to see if boreal's idea of asymmetry matches my feet...
 normie boy 07 Feb 2017
In reply to More-On:

Let me know what you reckon...
OP More-On 15 Feb 2017
In reply to normie boy:

Will do, just be warned it may be some time as I was seduced by a Simond hybrid sprint top the other day and that's depleted the shoe budget a smidge!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...