UKC

Federer v Nadal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BnB 29 Jan 2017
What a battle!!

14 years now span Roger's first and (who dares to say) last Grand Slam wins. This latest feat accomplished at the age of 35 over three five set matches in a week against two top 5 ranked players and including a final against his nemesis. All this after 6 months without a competitive match!!

Remarkable too how he has completely changed his game from the serve and volley of his younger days. So graceful a talent and such graciousness at the closing ceremony.

A word for Rafa Nadal too. He looked broken last year and it's a testament to his talent and determination that he's now installed as favourite for the French Open later this year.

I presume they'll both prepare for that by taking the next 4 months off.

Fraser 29 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

Wish I'd managed to see this match, I'll need to try and catch the highlights somewhere.
 sg 29 Jan 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Bbc had them - may be on iPlayer. So impressive from both and chastening for djoker and muzza and all the others to see. Them and Williams X2 in the finals - Australian Open organisers must be happy with their fortnight!
 Blue Straggler 29 Jan 2017
In reply to sg:

> Them and Williams X2 in the finals

Australian OAPen

John Ww 29 Jan 2017
In reply to BnB:

And if anyone should ever wonder about the true definition of "sportsmanship", they need look no further than this match and the words of the opponents.

JW
Gone for good 29 Jan 2017
In reply to John Ww:

Just saw Federer and there is no doubt he is a majestic sportsman and a worthy champion. Like he said it's a shame tennis doesn't do draws.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...