UKC

It just gets worse , will the madness ever end ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38787241

President Donald Trump is reshuffling the US National Security Council (NSC), downgrading the military chiefs of staff and giving a regular seat to his chief strategist Steve Bannon.

Mr Bannon, formerly the head of the populist right-wing, Breitbart News website, will join high-level discussions about national security.

Shakes head in disbelief .
So now "alternative facts" are going to be shaping national security policy in America

MG 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Chive Talkin\':
That you have only just noticed this, suggest the "muslim ban" did its jobs of deflecting attention from more serious matters.

And regarding the madness ending - we have at least another 4 years...
Post edited at 11:43
In reply to MG:

> That you have only just noticed this, suggest the "muslim ban" did its jobs of deflecting attention from more serious matters.

The story only got reported yesterday ? So I'm not sure about your only just noticed statement.
And to be fair I couldn't find the story on sky news at all this morning.

MG 30 Jan 2017

Sorry, not you so much as "us". I think the muslim ban is an intentional distraction.
 Rob Exile Ward 30 Jan 2017
In reply to MG:

I wouldn't credit them with that much intelligence or cunning. I may be wrong though.
pasbury 30 Jan 2017

Bannon's a scary and dangerous man.

It'll be Milo Yiannopoulos appointed to the equality commission next.
 Phil79 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> I wouldn't credit them with that much intelligence or cunning. I may be wrong though.

I dunno, while Trump himself might outward seem like a self-aggrandising populist, I get the impression that those in the background are very intelligent and manipulative operators, albeit ones who wish to conceal their aims.

This is an interesting read, for example.
http://motherboard.vice.com/en_ca/read/big-data-cambridge-analytica-brexit-...

Bulls Crack 30 Jan 2017

> So now "alternative facts" are going to be shaping national security policy in America

>

WOMD?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...