UKC

Happy news.......please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moley 30 Jan 2017
The world is falling apart and Armageddon around the corner, many on this forum ranting and raving at each other with a good deal of abuse floating about, my wife and I are dealing with funeral arrangements for my mother in law who died Saturday, it's raining.
Could someone think of some nice happy threads to lift the spirits a little, or I'm going to p**s off for a week or so. Surely something pleasant, humorous and positive is happening somewhere?
In reply to Moley:
Here's a good story for you.

It involves a loss and a lot of love.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dedicated-dumbarton-widower-ha...

He just happens to be my wonderful Brother in Law
Post edited at 14:42
 Offwidth 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

Hope things improve soon:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/good-uplifting-news-stories-2016-not-su...

Even in bad there is good. Trumps press officer recently accidently posted his pasted password on a tweet (retweeted before he deleted), then he did it again

https://www.rt.com/viral/375209-spicer-tweet-delete/
Moley 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Offwidth:

That's more like it all, I think a little more happy stuff is needed at times like this. I'm out for some fresh air on the hill now (in the bloody rain)!
Andy Gamisou 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

I'm pissed again!
 FesteringSore 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

No matter how much it rains, the sun will always shine again
 Bobling 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

After lunch my youngest and I poddled into town to pick up a few bits and pieces and to take some library books back. In the little wood at one end of the park "I NEED A WEE!" he announces. No one around so head to the side of he path and drop his trousers, a little pressure from my knee to keep his hips forward and the wee landing on the soil not his shoes and job's a good 'un.

Looking at the soil by the side of the path I realised that the first shoots of wild garlic have broken through, and soon the woods will be full of the heavenly scent of spring. Long evenings and warm rock are just round the corner, chin up. Nature is impervious to our human antics will keep on doing her amazing thing long long after we are here.

ps. Thanks for the grid ref for an obscure car park in the Brecon Beacons a couple of years back!
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

> Here's a good story for you.

> It involves a loss and a lot of love.

> He just happens to be my wonderful Brother in Law

Who would dislike that ? Your sister must have been a great girl.
 Timmd 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:
The girlfriend of a friend's brother (younger than me), was often posting on facebook about how she wasn't so good looking, and only posted partial pictures of her self there, or pictures disguised in some way.

After my telling her 'Don't be silly young lady' and that she is good looking if she posted as much. she's switched to posting cheery full face pictures on facebook.

It's a small thing...
Post edited at 17:19
 Timmd 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

I'm sure I came across some positive environmental news recently, I'll post it if I remember to.
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

He's my wife's brother -- however his late wife was a wonderful lady who was well loved by all who's lives she touched. It was sad to see her fade as Dementia took its toll.

The gift of a Rose in her memory is fitting, as she always had a wonderful smile, and Stuart likes to see others smile when they receive one 'out of the blue'.
 BusyLizzie 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

I wonder if Hannah S and Only a Hill could cheer us up with some wedding plans - seems a while since we had an update or have I missed something?
Moley 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Timmd:
My wife decided that all donations for the funeral are going to the Butterfly Conservation org. Her mother having been a very keen naturalist (her husband was a warden with one of the first ever nature trusts) and my wife is an obsessive moth recorder - the trap is out tonight! Hopefully enough to purchase a moth trap for a school in Wales or little bit of equipment or something useful for somewhere. We think that is a better memory or use of money than loads of bought flowers etc.
The old lady had a good life, was 93 and mentally still 100%, so trying to look at rejoicing her life rather than regretting her passing.
Post edited at 18:37
 Timmd 30 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:
That's an amazing innings to have with all your faculties (without seeking sympathy, my Mum passed away at 66), to still be sharp at 93 is really good.

Some regret at your her passing is going to be inevitable I would think, I hope she had a rich life for her/you to look back on in time and gain comfort from.
Post edited at 18:41
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Not much happening yet been for a chat with the vicar and his dog.
 Big Ger 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

This isn't really "funny" funny, but may raise a chuckle.

The great Canberran potato scallop shortage;

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/we-cant-get-any-canberra-takeaway-...
 Rob 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Moley:

Excellent! I'm sure BC will put it to good use. Seen the odd December Moth here but that's all. Happy light trapping.
In reply to Moley:

More heart warming than happy. An amazing achievement with some potentially huge benefits for people in a position that none of us could truly understand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38761461
Moley 01 Feb 2017
In reply to Hugh J:

That's good isn't it, incredible advancement. But the man who kept saying no to his daughter marrying, my first thought was they had got the yes & no wires the wrong way round - I imagine him mentally screaming YES FFS you idiots, and it coming up no on the screen each time. Eventually a doctor says "Oh bugger, wired him up wrong way round".
In reply to Lord of Starkness:
My brother in law is now a TV Celeb at the age of 80

It even made it to BBC Scotland

https://www.facebook.com/angus.lyon1/posts/10206401634559148?from_close_fri...

I know it might upset some people in Yorkshire, but why not have a 'Red Rose Day' where we can give a rose to a stranger in memory of a departed loved one.

Post edited at 13:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...