UKC

slippery gloves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 31 Jan 2017
Ive looked online about ways to add grip to gloves such as wool and fleece but Ive not tried anything yet as Im worried about ruining the gloves ive got. I need to add some grip as they are fairly useless without, I know I could just buy new gloves but the ones Ive got are decent but slippery.
Has anybody successfully added some form of grip to gloves and wouldnt mind sharing advice please?
 Rick Graham 31 Jan 2017
In reply to Pesda potato:
Try some "Shoe Goo " on a cheap pair first.

Edit. or try a thin grippy pair over the fleece gloves
Post edited at 14:06
OP The Potato 31 Jan 2017

ive tried layers and doesnt work that well thanks. I was about to click purchase on some shoe goo but it seems quite toxic, not sure id want that near my hands. I wonder how silicone would fare instead.
 kingborris 31 Jan 2017

maybe Sugru would work?
 johncook 31 Jan 2017

Have you tried to get sticky sweets out of anything woolly, and then tried to let go of the woolly item. So sticky sweets it is! (And it will wash out afterwards quite easily!)
Not gloves, but when I asked on here for something to give more grip on webbing belts that were slipping, one recommendation was Seam Grip. I used that and it certainly increased the grippyness on webbing belts though not excessively. On the belts it was not visible when dried, nor has it affected the fabric as far as I see.

Possibly a long shot, but you could try that on gloves?

OP The Potato 31 Jan 2017
In reply to kingborris:
ive got some sugru and its good stuff but its too thick for fabric
Post edited at 16:25
 DaveHK 31 Jan 2017
In reply to kingborris:

> maybe Sugru would work?

I'd be surprised if it did. Can't see it bonding to gloves very well.
 JEF 31 Jan 2017

In Wickes they sell fabric gloves with a rubbery/plastic palm and fingers.
I used them for gardening but have been toying with the idea of putting a pair in my bag for belaying on fresh days.
They're about £1.50
 Fraser 31 Jan 2017

You've not said what you want to do when you're wearing the gloves, which might make a difference to the suggestions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...