UKC

Climb for Life

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HikeandClimb 02 Feb 2017
A small video project that will grow over the coming months/years.
Just a few bits and bobs that have worked for me.

http://hikeandclimb.ie/climb-for-life/

Some of you may find it interesting... while certainly most will find it a bore!

The Elbow exercise is something I picked up from Bart van Deenen's article on UKC many moons ago.... and it worked a treat for me.

edunn 02 Feb 2017
In reply to HikeandClimb:

Nice. Could be useful.

I like the name of the site too
 BusyLizzie 02 Feb 2017

Very nice videos, and going to be a useful collection. Keep going, and thank you!
 alx 03 Feb 2017

You should try working your way through gimme kraft or a callisthenics book and giving your video feedback.
 stp 04 Feb 2017

Interesting to see how those exercises are performed. It's the kind of thing if you just read about you always end up wondering if you're doing them right. I think it would give more cred if you had outlined you're own problem, how bad it was and how it improved though.

If you don't mind a bit of negative feedback then I have to say I really didn't like the typography. The red is just, erm, unpleasant. The typeface is too common and doesn't need to be so large or in bold either. Might be worth reading up on typography if you're planning on making more of these. Lots of free resources online. It can make a big difference to the professionalism of the finished vid.

Otherwise looks like it has the potential to be an interesting and useful resource.
 discosucks 04 Feb 2017
In reply to stp:

Nice video , on my turf too :P

Just to add to this topic , I was having trouble with my shoulder and found these exercises have made a big difference .

http://www.epictv.com/media/series-home/training-for-climbing/500515

OP HikeandClimb 05 Feb 2017

All input is appreciated.

The videos are v.basic and were not made for public consumption; really an afterthought placing them on the website. A friend is having issues and rather than sending endless links to articles I decided to make videos instead.

There is ample info out there from Eric Horst, Gimme Kraft, Lattice lads...etc, and of better quality.

I guess I'll keep pottering along and see where it goes... to be honest it's just content for a website... but you never know.. sometimes small seeds grow into big trees (apologies for the naffness of that last phrase)

Heike 05 Feb 2017

Just another thing to have a go at... my husband has problems with his elbows (again...!!) and I have had them in the past (worth a try to do anything)......
Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...