UKC

Mont-bell sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hutster781 02 Feb 2017
Hi. Does anyone have any personal experience with these? Any info would be appreciated I'm asking as I have the opportunity to buy a used one in good condition but am unsure of there quality. Thanks.
 Timmd 02 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:
If you can email ice.solo I think he has mountain experience with Mont Bell gear. Asking on an American forum could be a plan, too.

Post edited at 21:51
OP hutster781 02 Feb 2017
In reply to Timmd:

Would you happen to have the full email address for ice solo please? Thanks
 Timmd 02 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:

I'll have a look.
 Climbingspike 02 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:
Have had two jackets, worn out. Salopets and a rucksack that I still use. I found Mont Bell gear excellent. Don't know if you can still buy it in Britain, it was very expensive. As it comes from Japan the sizing is very different. I'm 5' 4'' , my size had to be extra extra large. I don't know about sleeping bags so may be best to check the length of the one your looking at.
 MrJared 03 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:

Not used their sleeping bags before, but the rest of the kit I have used, gloves, hat and a jumper, are of excellent quality. As mentioned above, the sizing is Japanese so everything is smaller than UK sizing. I'm generally Small/Medium in UK sizes and had to get a Large or Extra Large jumper (can't remember which off the top of my head!). I believe they have a shop in Switzerland, so you might be able to contact the shop to find out the exact sizing of the sleeping bags?

Guy Hurst 03 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:

The Mont-bell sleeping bag I had more than 20 years ago was as good as anything else available at the time. I think the system of elasticated baffles it had was also used by Mountain equipment.
OP hutster781 07 Feb 2017
In reply to hutster781:

Thanks for all the advice. I now have myself a new Mont-Bell sleeping bag 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...