UKC

Mont blanc pro issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Riley 03 Feb 2017
I've recently upgraded to new boots from asolo alpinists (b2) to mont blanc pros and I'm having one or two problems.

The boots for climbing and walking are fantastic, however I'm finding that my feet are getting cold on belays and thay my feet are also getting quite damp.

In my old boots I never got damp feet (except when I fell in the river Nevis), but with the mbps most times I've been out the boots have been damp to wet when I got back at the end of the day. In my mind this seems like it could be a contributing factor to my cold feet.

Tried things like swapping socks at the base of routes etc...

They have been used about 15 days in condition s from around 5c to -10.

Does this sound like operator error or should I look into contacting the supplier (bought them in Italy so could be a pain...

Alex

ModerateMatt 03 Feb 2017
In reply to Alex Riley:

My MB Pro's have been a little damp from day one. I find even on dry winter days they are damp and wet days out like in thaw conditions they can get a bit squelchy.

I also find I get quite cold feet in them.

However they are the best fitting winter boots for my oddly shaped feet and they climb well. So for now I'm sticking with them. But if you do find a solution please relay your findings.
 smuffy 03 Feb 2017
In reply to Alex Riley:

I have the same boots and have only used them on one outing so far this year but it was an extremely wet day. Every other piece of kit I was wearing that day was sodden apart from the boots which were great in every way. Hopefully they'll stay that way.
Hope you find a satisfactory solution.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...