UKC

Hacksaw Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 04 Feb 2017
Anyone seen it?

Any good?
 Steve Perry 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Watched it last night and yes in my opinion it's good. I like the post movie interviews consolidating the story was made as close to the truth as possible. The boy was some hero, enjoy.
OP Trangia 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Steve Perry:

Thank you Steve
Pan Ron 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Seemed over the top to me. There's a fashion in war films since Saving Private Ryan to go for ever more shock value, presumably to make the genre less sanitised and more realistic. I get the impression this is making things less realistic. Not to say this phase of WWII wasn't bloody, but they seem to be pulling every war cliche in to the one film. Thousands being mowed down, overly glossy in the pre-war scenes, super gritty in the war scenes, every cliche you've ever seen rehashed over and over.
OP Trangia 04 Feb 2017
In reply to David Martin:

Thanks David. Oh dear! Now a conflict of opinions!
Pan Ron 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Might be still worth seeing.

But take this image (www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/hacksawridge/crgnt.jpg) as a good example of how the makers sought to over-dramatise the events for Hollywood, and you probably get an idea for how the rest of the film is.
 mrphilipoldham 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Trangia:

The mid air volley of the hand grenade was all that spoiled if for me. Otherwise, a decent effort.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...