UKC

Castle Rock Topo anyone? (or have the Wye Valley guide?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 04 Feb 2017
Castle Rock, Gloucestershire

Can anyone help me out with the Castle RockCleeve Hill topo?

Looks like it's in the Wye Valley guide if anyone has that and a few moments to snap a picture for me
 cwarby 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Rob
I've got the Castle Rock guide (1988). I'll see if I can scan it and mail/text you.

Chris
PS If I do this you need to promise not to wear that gear when we go out!
OP Oogachooga 04 Feb 2017
In reply to cwarby:

Nice one Chris! Promise to wear the crotchless version

Spending more time up at Cleeve and wanted to add the eliminate lines to the old topo for reference.
 cwarby 04 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

The guide is quite small in size; am at work tomorrow, I'll see if I can enlarge it. Send me your address on private mail and I'll post if it looks too small.
Can't believe H is condoning this gear!
Chris
In reply to Oogachooga:
> Spending more time up at Cleeve and wanted to add the eliminate lines to the old topo for reference.

You must be working off a very old topo (1960s vintage!) for there to be much if anything to add.

The latest guide, CC Symonds Yat, 2010, had two self explanatory lines recorded immediately left (Little Arete VS 5a) and right (Easy Right HS 4a) of The Easy at the far left of the crag, but that's about the only change in nearly 30 years. There were no real additions between the 1988 pamphlet guide and the 1997 CC Wye Valley guide.
OP Oogachooga 04 Feb 2017
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

There are a couple of lines and variations worth noting that are not in the Symonds Yat guide. To name one, between Niche and Eliminate 3 there is a line I took today, in my opinion more of a challenging direct start to Eliminate 3 (fell of it 5 times haha!).

Main thing is, I'm going to make a personal reference for some of the main routes and the lesser travelled routes at Cleeve Hill, outcrops ect...
OP Oogachooga 05 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:
A Unique Snowflake (VD 5a)

Hard Cheese (VD 4a)

and while we're on the subject, can anyone point me in the direction of these climbs? So much loose crap away from the main crag, I had a hard time finding anything earlier.

Although I did notice 2 stakes above a gully at one point.
Post edited at 09:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...