UKC

Sail and climb Stavanger area Norway in Aug .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy J Collins 04 Feb 2017
Hi, I am planning on trad and sport climbing from our sail boat in Stavanger area of Norway. Keen to get advice on cliffs with easy approach from the sea and recommendations as my first time in this area.
If any climbers interested in a week of sail and climb exploration then do get in touch too.
Many thanks
Andy
 wbo 05 Feb 2017
In reply to Andy J Collins: Trellskår is a decent sea cliff with routes nearish to Stavanger. Dale is very near the sea, not sure on mooring. Ill think some more.

How far from Stavanger do you want?

Sl@te Head 05 Feb 2017
In reply to Andy J Collins:

I've spent a lot of time in the Stavanger Lysefjord area, I ran 10 school sea kayaking expeds there a number of years ago now. Great place for kayaking, sailing, walking climbing and fishing. I'm also a sailor and would be keen to find out what you're planning? Would love to climb at Kejarag or Pulpit Rock!
In reply to wbo:
Hi wbo, many thanks for this info - I will check them out. We are basicially sailing from Stavanger to Haugesund from 5th to 12 Aug. So we have plenty of time to sail and motor into the fjords to climb throughout the week. If you live in Stavanger then it would be great to meet up and we may be able to offer you a day or so on the boat and a climb.
Any other suggestions appreciated including some longer classic mid grade trad routes if good lines. More info about us is at http://www.remoteadventures.co.uk this shows our full route up the Norwegian coast.
Kind regards
Andy
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Hi Ian,
Many thanks for your reply. I have a good sailing and rock climbing friend who loves close to you in Menai straights - David Williams. Anyway
any suggestions on good crags or longer routes in the area would be appreciated. We plan a week of sailing and climbing in the area from 5th to 12 Aug and finish in Haugesund which is only 50nmor so north of Stavanger . Our boat is an Ovni 365 kitted out for ocean sailing and pretty tough. More info on http://www.remoteadventures.co.uk . If you fancy joining for a week then we still have space and can take up to 3 climbers plus myself to make 4.
Kind regards
Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...