UKC

ARTICLE: Defining a Landscape - Dave Cuthbertson

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
A Bidean Dawn, 4 kbSome photographers are synonymous with the subjects and landscapes which they capture. When you think of a war photographer you think of Don McCullin or Robert Capa. The American wilderness and National Parks were beautifully captured by Ansel Adams, and when you think of Scottish Rock Climbing there's only one man who springs to mind; Dave 'Cubby' Cuthbertson.

Read more
 Doug 06 Feb 2017
Good to hear from Cubby again, and his photos keep getting better

Fraser 06 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Great article and photos, but ... "the Trossach's ?"
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 06 Feb 2017

Nice article, great images Cubby. See you in Iceland again soon!
 Sean Kelly 06 Feb 2017

2010 was a good winter wasn't it! Waiting for the next one!
 Steve Perry 07 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles: That was a really enjoyable article and very honest in the answers

DavidEvans 07 Feb 2017

What a fantastic article! Very inspiring and cracking photos.
 Patrick Roman 12 Feb 2017

Fascinating interview Dave, I hope you're able to visit your home mountains for years to come. The Good Friday image is superb, a climber's image. I can feel the ground beneath my feet and the presence of the crags. I see lines everywhere. Colin Prior has a winter panorama of the Ben's north side (taken in March) but in contrast is almost entirely in shadow and has been taken with a hillwalker's eye. For me there's no comparison.

Looking forward to the new website and would love to see a coffee table book of your images in the shops one day - at least I have some of them from The Great Mountain Crags of Scotland!
abseil 12 Feb 2017

Superb article. And photos.
 Robert Durran 12 Feb 2017

Inspiring article.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...