UKC

Dry tooling venues in london

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbtim 07 Feb 2017
Trying to find a indoor wall that allows dry tooling practice in London, any suggestions? Keep getting told there's no interest but surely there's enough to warrant a wall putting up a couple of lines through the winter
 edunn 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

I agree. In Helsinki they've converted an old sports stadium into a 'dry tooling park'.

Couple of old tyres hanging off the wall, some holes drilled here and there. Could easily be done.

I don't know of any venues though.
 TeeBee 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

I think it's not so much the lack of interest as the extra hassle of working out some way of protecting the wall from getting overly trashed and the extra paperwork for safety, plus the loss of wall space for normal climbers.

Probably the best you can do at the moment is get some Fig Fours or similar and ask the wall if they mind you using those. You might be restricted to bouldering laps, but that'll still get you pumped. The Castle has a Fig Four circuit up, and there's usually compatible holds on offer in the Westway's circuit room.
 krikoman 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

Hampstead Heath ?
 Rick Ashton 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

Me and few mates used to go down to Swiss Cottage climbing wall a few years ago and they used to set up a few routes for dry tooling. Was great training and I'd be up for getting involved again if a wall will set up some routes. Also just bought some dry ice tools which I will be using at the castle.
 Sam B 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

IIRC Vertical Chill at the Ellis Brigham on Southampton Street has a dry-tooling section to the left of the ice wall.
 CurlyStevo 08 Feb 2017
In reply to climbtim:

craggy island have a dry tooling section during the winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...