UKC

Climbing locations near Zagreb?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jungle 08 Feb 2017
Hi All,

I'm working in Zagreb for a few days at end of March and going to get a friend to come over and climb with me for the weekend! Does anyone have any recommendations for destinations nearby, 6a-6c range?

Cheers,
James
 Šljiva 08 Feb 2017
In reply to jungle:
you could get to paklenica easily enough if you put your mind to it!
Post edited at 17:21
 tjekel 08 Feb 2017
In reply to jungle:

well paklenica is not really round the corner. the biggest an most welknown area for a daytrip seems to be Kalnik some 50km away.
 sg 08 Feb 2017
In reply to tjekel:

Paklenica isn't round the corner but it's a fast road and not really much longer than, say, Oxford to the Peak. So, given how fabulous Paklenica is, still well worth considering. I've not actually been to any other destinations in Croatia but I did think it was great.
 Šljiva 09 Feb 2017
In reply to sg:

Exactly, leave Friday afternoon / evening, back Sunday evening. Car hire is cheap, the road is good most of the way and scenic the rest of it. It should take around three hours and c£10 in tolls. Or there are buses but maybe you have to go via Zadar? Can put you in touch with a climber's place for reasonably priced accommodation if you need it.
OP jungle 10 Feb 2017
In reply to jungle:

Does Paklenica have its own guidebook. I can't recall seeing it in the Croatia one?

Kalnik does look like the closest place and in a good setting, but looks like it gets really busy on the weekends!
 Zgemba 10 Feb 2017
In reply to jungle:

A new edition (2017) of Paklenica guidebook has been just released:

http://www.astroida.hr/html/paklenica_-_climbing_guide_.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...