UKC

Partners for Scottish winter march/april

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robbie Blease 08 Feb 2017
Over the past few days I was dismayed to see that the conditions in Scotland are finally on the up. On Thursday, while being picked up to go to the wall I managed to acquire an open fracture to my lower leg putting me out of action for about 6 weeks meaning my winter season has been cut a fair bit shorter than I would have liked.
This has made me determined to make the most of the rest of the winter. But to make use of as much time as I can have off I won't be able to rely upon my existing group of partners. Usually my days off are in the week, but under the circumstances and because I'm on a zero hours, I may be able to get a week or two off March/April if I've got enough people to climb with.
In terms of experience I've led HVS (just) in summer and a few grade I ridges and number two gully on the Ben which felt very straightforward. I have also done some indoor ice climbing and drytooling, so probably looking at trying anything between grade ll and lV.
I can't drive yet but more than happy to pay for petrol or can easily get the train up from the Lakes where I live.
I know that's a bit of an essay but thanks for reading and get in touch of you're interested in pairing up.
Robbie
 Nbrain 08 Feb 2017
In reply to Robbie Blease:

That's rubbish Robbie! Hope you recover well but I'd be impressed if you are going to be back up a hill in 6 weeks!
OP Robbie Blease 09 Feb 2017
In reply to Nbrain:
When I spoke to the doc he reckoned 6 weeks for full recovery, it is the smaller of the two down there that went.
Post edited at 10:00
 Nbrain 09 Feb 2017
In reply to Robbie Blease:

Maybe. It will take six weeks for bone to heal then you can start rehab properly. when I bust my ankle it took a long time to really get strength back and for the proprioception to get back to normal so that I really trust it.

Good luck! Hope you make a speedy recovery just don't want your hopes to be too high!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...