UKC

Gozo and Malta?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Bell 08 Feb 2017

Heading to Gozo for 10 days in May, this was meant to be a non-climbing holiday but after we booked we realised just how much there is going on around on these islands so the focus has switched a little and we hope to cram in a few days on the crags...
Ive read the UKC article and all looks good but looking for some more info, i.e. for a short staty what areas are must do's/donts.. anything spectacular we shouldnt miss etc.. Also, being May, is it likely we will have to climb morning/evening or are there some all year round crags?

Cheers for any help

DerwentDiluted 08 Feb 2017
In reply to Sean Bell:

Not sure what grades you are after but dont miss this spot Wied Il-Mielah
 Chris the Tall 08 Feb 2017
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I'll second that - we went there before it was bolted, and before the sewage issue was resolved, and it is was still a great venue.

From a holiday point of view we much preferred Gozo to Malta - far less busy
 David Alcock 08 Feb 2017
In reply to Sean Bell:

Are you in touch with Stevie H?
OP Sean Bell 09 Feb 2017
In reply to Sean Bell:

Thanks for the info, not fussed about grades tbh, more about location/quality/ease of access/proximity to beer, but that said, if there are some standout classics up to around the mid 7's then any input would be good..

Be keen to try some DWS aswell..

Davidalcock, Im not in contact with Stevie H but going to buy the guidebook for sure..

Cheers guys.
 yodadave 09 Feb 2017
In reply to Sean Bell:

check out Stevie s blog and email him any questions. I found him really helpful even though my plans fell apart
OP Sean Bell 10 Feb 2017
In reply to yodadave:

Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...