UKC

Shoohly snow shovel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I recently bought an Arva snow shovel online and, on receipt, found the head was a wee bit on the shoogly side.

It's not so loose I couldn't dig snow, but there's enough free play to be noticeable and it clanks if I shake it. My experience of these shovels is minimal at best and I wondered if anyone could advise whether it's likely to become a problem (e.g. levering and exaggerating the issue under use) or if it's fairly normal and I'm just being a big wet hen.

If the former then I would seek to return the item and look out a cheapish aluminium alternative. So depending on consensus, feel free to drop in advice!

Cheers
 top cat 09 Feb 2017
In reply to SpaceCaptainTheodore:

Probably ok: all 3 of my snow shovels [from different manufacturers] do the same. But maybe not as bad as yours?
 StuDoig 09 Feb 2017
In reply to SpaceCaptainTheodore:

Most shovels have a little play - otherwise it'd be near impossible to get the handle to slide or fit into the head, esp once you've got a bit of burring or wear / deformation from use. Without knowing what "a wee bit on the shoogly side" is I can't really say if yours is excessive or not.

You could try looking for youtube reviews etc and compare apparent movement / play to yours?

Cheers,

Stu
In reply to StuDoig:

Thanks both of you. It sounds like I'm winding myself up about nothing very much.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...