UKC

Trump, it's got to be a front right?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oogachooga 10 Feb 2017
Everyone seems to be focusing on Trump himself, where I'm growing suspicious of that. Is he just a front for the real powers?

Thunk about it, hasn't America and te World been hiding behind wars and terrorism to complete their dirty work for years, what makes this situation any different?
Rigid Raider 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Hilary would have been what you describe but Trump is a one-off. It's going to be a fascinating year and I bet the media are jumping for joy - have you noticed how Syria has dropped off the front pages?.
 subtle 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Rigid Raider:

> Hilary would have been what you describe but Trump is a one-off. It's going to be a fascinating year

You don't think he will last more then a year?

Trump is indeed a one off (thankfully), and whilst his term in office will be fascinating I suspect that will only be evident in retrospect - his term will be frightening in "real time"
Bogwalloper 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

The problem with the 'front' theory is that the real powers wouldn't pick a narcissistic moron that blurts out everything on Twitter two seconds after he hears it as their front man. Russia might have backed him as a way to cause disruption rather than with any expectation he would win.

However, now he is in office I'm sure the 'real powers' Wall Street, China and Russia will manipulate him, he's got such obvious character flaws and so many business interests it will be easy.
 BrainoverBrawn 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

A front. You want to see behind then see the voters too. Humble, diverse, opportunistic, gallant, devious etc. Promoters hide their real interests in some areas but not others the same as deliverers or doers. I think it was a mistake to claim a businessman could not just step into politics by the same logic. Business is contacts, delivery, promotion, anticipation, interests, opportunism, devious or not.
2 candidates, 1 choice. Not reflective really of what is going on this time, organisers he has yet not for the first time do we all meet this or did we sense it.
 Offwidth 10 Feb 2017
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

People forget the election of Reagan and George W Bush so quickly, even if I'd forgive them not knowing about Andrew Jackson. This thread shows why the vast majority of the Republican party ended up supporting Trump despite full awareness of his foibles.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=658207

History is full of elected narcissistic popularists with shady intelligent advisors, some of whom did a lot of damage.
 toad 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

Not a front right. More of a left rear. Or a right rear. Definitely a buttock of some sort
 JamButty 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

The bit that worries me, is that they must have anticipated all this backlash to the exec orders he's been signing.
If they did then whats the master plan in the background. Hit us with stuff that horrifies us, gets knocked back then go for stuff that we think oh thats not as bad???
OP Oogachooga 10 Feb 2017
In reply to JamButty:
That's my thoughts exactly.

We all act like monkeys in general but I for one dont believe a monkey is in charge of us all.
Post edited at 20:29
 Bob Kemp 10 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:

I suppose it depends what you mean by the real powers, but Steve Bannon worries me. Seems to think that a new world war would be a good thing. This article looks at some of the printed sources of his thinking:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/04/white-house-agenda-co...

- and this one talks about the vision in his 2009 film, Generation Zero.

https://www.thenation.com/article/steve-bannon-wants-to-start-world-war-iii...
 BrainoverBrawn 11 Feb 2017
In reply to Oogachooga:
Um to the all monkeys act like post.
Post edited at 09:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...