UKC

sigma 35mm art lens

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 11 Feb 2017
does anyone own or used one of these?

do you recommend?
 AllanMac 20 Feb 2017
In reply to mark s:

Got one very recently for the 6D. Very sharp right across the frame at all apertures, except minor corner softness and vignetting at f1.4 and a little diffraction at f16. No noticeable distortion or CA to speak of. It renders tree branches, grasses, rock textures beautifully.

It isn't weather sealed and doesn't have Image Stabilisation, but so far that hasn't been a problem.

Yes, I'd recommend - and so does dpReview:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigma-35mm-f1-4-dg-hsm/2
In reply to mark s:

DxOMark rate the sigma 2nd only to the Canon 35mm L series, although you would get weather sealing when mounting the canon lens with a pro canon body.

https://www.dxomark.com/lenses/launched-between-1987-and-2016/launch_price-...
 Durbs 21 Feb 2017
In reply to mark s:

Used to have one on my 7D - best lens I owned (out of several).
Sharp, quick to focus, well balanced... Nice FoV too on a crop body.

Sold it (and everything else) when I moved to Sony A7R2 - but this lens was the only thing I wanted to keep that almost stopped me making the switch.
estivoautumnal 21 Feb 2017
In reply to mark s:

I have one. In addition to the other comments the lens feels very solid and looks great. Plenty of reviews on the internet about it's quality. The lens hood can be stiff to attach and remove but that's the only negative. Works very well on C series video cameras as a (approx) 50mm lens. Great.

Manual focus is opposite direction to Canon lenses so just be aware if you use a lot of non auto focus.
 The Lemming 25 Feb 2017
In reply to mark s:

Just seen some new Art lenses reviewed on YouTube

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJ37TesV_E&
OP mark s 09 Mar 2017
In reply to mark s:

i ended up buying the 18-35 art lens
very impressed with it
Removed User 09 Mar 2017
In reply to mark s:

I use the 50mm 1.4 Art. I dont think they make a bad Art lens and have given the majors something to think about.
 Big Ger 09 Mar 2017
In reply to mark s:

How much for mate?
OP mark s 11 Mar 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

540 from jessops
 Big Ger 17 Mar 2017
In reply to mark s:

I'd like to see some shots from that, I may be interested.
 samparsons 21 Mar 2017
In reply to mark s:

I have used one a lot but i dont own one, I wish i did! They are great lens I use the 35mm when I can get it from my friend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...