UKC

Moon Board - London/South East

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chops 13 Feb 2017
Does anyone know if there is a moonboard set up at any of the climbing walls around London or surrounding areas? I’m considering building one but would like to have a try before I go to the expense to see if it’s suitable for my level. (I’ve been climbing fairly regularly for a couple of years and lead around 7a/+ and boulder up to V6).

I’ve read some great reviews of the moon board but I understand the problems are fairly stiffly graded and at 40 degrees, the school holds are very finger intensive. So far my home training has generally been a couple of sessions a week on the hangboard and using a system wall set at about 25 degrees.
 MischaHY 13 Feb 2017
In reply to Chops:

If you can boulder V6 then you'll have no trouble on a moonboard. The problems start around V4 and will offer great progression.
 WillRobertson 13 Feb 2017
In reply to Chops:

Craggy Island in Guildford has a board setup with Moon holds. But be aware that it is not set up as a moon board (something to do with a degree of the wall and/or bolt spacing - and the position of the holds I think), however it will give you a good idea of what it's like training on the holds.
 Elliot Shiel 13 Feb 2017
In reply to Chops:

V6 is a good grade to start on the Moonboard. The problems are quite stiff but give good finger, arm and core workout!

I've built one in my garage using smaller spacing between them to fit into it. So they building instructions are quite manageable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...