UKC

A good winter b2 boot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 13 Feb 2017
Hello,

I am looking for a good winter boot for alpine and climbing use, was thinking about the tango cube GTX?

It's a minefield..

Thank you
 Smythson 13 Feb 2017
In reply to john_mx:

I've got the Scarpa equivalent - the Charmoz gtx. Very happy with them though it depends what you mean by alpine winter. I would suggest that these are more suitable for UK winter but alpine summer.

Best,

S
 Jandwilson 13 Feb 2017
In reply to Smythson:

I also have the charmoz, the outdry is great. I'd say it's been performing way better than any gore-tex boot I've had previously. Bit chilly, wouldn't want to wear it below -10. Used them for a bit of Scottish winter climbing and have been using them in the Pyrenees recently, really impresses.
 mff513 14 Feb 2017
In reply to john_mx:

I own the trango cube and its not a winter boot in any respect it's a summer boot with a stiff sole and a crampon attachment point its designed for the alps in summer. I personally use mine for summer scrambling I could Probably use them in winter but if I was picking a "winter boot" then no way would I chose them think more trango alp or Scarpa manta and if you don't mind being a little cold then charmozs are good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...