UKC

Lowe Alpine Alpine Attack 35-45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 r1ch79 14 Feb 2017
Hi has anyone used these

I have just saw one for 65 quid and bought it but have I just bought another bag that wont be what I want

Im hoping to be able to get kit for a 2 day wander (sleeping bag, inflateable mat, bivi, 1 man tent, windburner stove, bits and bobs of clothes and gloves mess tin water first aid headtorch etc etc etc inside

Im sure I will as the lid extents but I am wondering what this bag is like for carrying a half decent load?

has anyone messed with these bags for a bit

product reviews online are always so partisan i dont really bother with them unless they tell you something is pants.....(unless they are pants in which case i expect them to be pants)

JohnO1978 14 Feb 2017
In reply to wannabeagoat:

Had one for a few years, very solid daysack. Yes you can fit a fair bit in it too, I have always thought they were great value for money.
 Fraser 14 Feb 2017

> I have just saw one for 65 quid and bought it ....

You say you've already bought this bag so why not just try it and see what fits in it?!

Dark-Cloud 14 Feb 2017

You might squeeze that lot in it, be a bit tight though, i haven't used mine much but its a nice pack, UKC review here:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=7405
OP r1ch79 14 Feb 2017
I was thinking of cancelling it and going for the warthog 40 which costs less hence the question however....

I will wait till I get it and see what I can cram in

what I dont want is a bag wayyyy too big for day jobs but just too small for an overnight where I want some more bits and bobs........

i have to be careful with my spends and so can be picky with my kit i buy

that said I do love buying gore tex jackets........

got a fairly light and compact mamut from cotswolds the other day with 80 quid off......
 petegunn 14 Feb 2017
Mine (40l) is 15 years old and still going strong but find it too small for short camping/ bivi.
For this I use a 65l bag and just use the compression straps to make it smaller, it looks ans feels very small when this is done.
Post edited at 12:55
 Snax 14 Feb 2017

I have one and think it's a great pack, especially for the money. Light, but very comfy even when packed with far to much kit. I spent six months with mine in Nepal and used it for everything from trekking, between lodges, day climbes, carrying heavy photography kit around and Island Peak. Back in the UK, I've used it for lightweight bivy trips and find I can get all my kit in, plus some camera kit quite happily. As with all kit through, your expectatiotions, needs may be slightly different from mine, so try it at home, if you don't think it's for you return it.
 Gazlynn 14 Feb 2017

The sack is bomber, Comfy and like a tardis m8...

I only use it in the winter but have stuffed loads in it for a couple of days at the CIC hut including winter rack and rope.

cheers

Gaz

inboard 14 Feb 2017

I used the peak attack 35:45 for several years before replacing with Alpine attack last year. Very good packs, robust, comfortable for heavy loads, and capable of cramming lots in/ on for backpacking. Certainly I've carried all the items you list on overnight trips.
 Bimble 14 Feb 2017

I've got a Lowe Alpine Crag Attack 42 and use it for lightweight overnighters in summer. Good simple bag, but not really any back support (not that it's designed for hauling much for distances).
 jezzah 14 Feb 2017

I have the 35:45 size sack and it has been used for two day routes on Matterhorn, Scottish Winter Munroes and overnight walks/ camps during the summer.
Basically you can fit enough in for an overnight excursion and a bit of food. Obviously if you have the 45:55 size then you have 10 litres more space for stuff... but do you need the extra?
It is too big for an OMM sack but v good for summer cragging and the above adventures that I have used the sack with.

Enjoy

Phil Murray 14 Feb 2017

I've got one since last summer & use it for trad, sport & Alpine, as well as normal country walks. brilliant rucksack IMO!
womblingfree 14 Feb 2017

I'very got the airzone pro 35:45, different model but it seems to swallow stuff. Used it going hut to hut for a week in Romania and it was very comfy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...