UKC

Saudis' Anti-Terror Trophy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 14 Feb 2017

A big, heart-felt thank you to the f*cking Saudis for their "unbound contribution to realise world security and peace“ from - guess who - the CIA!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/cia-saudi-arabia-crown-...

You know really what gets on my tits? Radical Islam. Can't bloody stand it, me.

Are we meant to take this shit seriously, or is it intended as a joke? I'm going to start having LSD for breakfast in the hope that it will make reality - this bizarre twisted nightmare in which nothing makes any sense - seem normal.
Post edited at 22:25
Removed User 14 Feb 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Well at least the UK government can use this as positive spin to help expedite the next arms shipment .
Post edited at 22:41
OP Jon Stewart 14 Feb 2017
In reply to Removed User:

And by jove they need'em to deal with those pesky terrorists in Yemen. You can't be too careful over there, they start'em early on the old terrorism. As young as 8 years old, I believe.
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Maybe he's been a bit lax with his infosec, and the CIA has hacked his PC to find out how much he's been spending on funding Wahhabist terrorism...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_terrorism#Saudi_Arabia

Or maybe they've had a change of heart, realising the demon they created has got beyond their control:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/saudi-arabia-terrorism-fundi...
Post edited at 23:15
OP Jon Stewart 14 Feb 2017
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Or maybe they've had a change of heart, realising the demon they created has got beyond their control

Very interesting article, thanks. Although the picture seems a little rose-tinted/airbrushed perhaps...by the former US ambassador to Iraq...?

In reply to Jon Stewart:

No great insight involved; I merely googled 'saudi funding terrorism', and it appeared. I'm sure there's plenty of arshlikan going on.
Post edited at 00:38
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> And by jove they need'em to deal with those pesky terrorists in Yemen. You can't be too careful over there, they start'em early on the old terrorism. As young as 8 years old, I believe.

Believe it or not (really?!), that was the Americans - the first action under Trump's Presidency. 30 dead civilians, including children and one American soldier. Here's Kyle Kulinski talking about Sean Spicer's response to a journalist questioning that action. It's truly disgusting alternative facts.

youtube.com/watch?v=GdLhrEEa32w&

As for the LSD for breakfast, only a heroic dose of Terrence McKenna proportions would come close to blocking this shit out (though that could go badly wrong!) I feel like we're slipping into some kind of Orwellian nightmare - only worse than Orwell. (And people were laughing at Doctor Ice's "End of days" thread).

Wake up people! Just like global warming, it might not be real, but do you really want to take that chance?

As for your radical Islam comment, I just haven't got the spirit at the moment to reply, except to say I totally agree.

P.S. Kyle for President 2020, he'll drain the swamp! #justicedemocrats.
Post edited at 05:07
 Big Ger 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Hugh J:

Hugh, seeing as that action took place a mere 10 days after Trumps inauguration, could he really have had that much of an influence over it? These things are planned in advance, and it is the commander on the ground who has the most say.
In reply to Big Ger:
> Hugh, seeing as that action took place a mere 10 days after Trumps inauguration, could he really have had that much of an influence over it? These things are planned in advance, and it is the commander on the ground who has the most say.

That may well be, but he was elected 3 months ago, so surely he would have been in the loop. Unless it's how some are saying, that the secret services can't trust him with classified information. And besides, surely that would have given the Trump administration the opportunity to disavow that action, instead of delivering those twisted words through Spicer?
Post edited at 06:39
 Duncan Bourne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Eh? nobody told me that Monty Python had a new series?
 stevieb 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

I think you're quite the innocent flower if you think the decision to put forces on the ground for the first time in three years was more a military decision than a politically motivated one authorised from the White House.
 The New NickB 15 Feb 2017
In reply to stevieb:

> I think you're quite the innocent flower if you think the decision to put forces on the ground for the first time in three years was more a military decision than a politically motivated one authorised from the White House.

A snowdrop!
OP Jon Stewart 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Hugh J:

> Kyle for President 2020, he'll drain the swamp!

Yeah, he doesn't quite have the eloquence of Sam Harris (he sometimes sounds like a teenager), or the wit of Bill Maher (when he tries to be funny it's not good), but I agree with him a lot more than those two. In fact, I struggle to think of any of his analysis I've disagreed with. So yes, I'll definitely be voting Kyle 2020!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...