UKC

Route at Creagan Coire Cha-No

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisH89 15 Feb 2017
Climbing Jenga Buttress at Creagan Coire Cha-No as two teams on Sunday, I decided to save time by climbing a different line off to the left rather than waiting for the team in front and I've been trying to work out what it was. It was left of the point where you gain the crest of the ridge on Jenga Buttress after the easier ground below: there's a very wide (more than body width) vertical crack, and then further left a right facing corner. We climbed the corner feature which is about 9 or 10 metres of sustained steep climbing (tech 5 possibly? I'm terrible at judging grades) relying mostly on frozen turf placements in a couple of thin cracks. It then tops out into a bowl a little way below the top of the crag, where more easy ground leads to a top-out immediately to the left (facing the crag) of where Jenga Buttress finishes.

I can't find any obvious mention of this route: the next route left of Jenga Buttress on the crag page is Wile-E-Coyote, but the limited pictures of this route don't seem to match what we climbed. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos which is annoying! It was essentially 10 meters of actual climbing in between two longer sections of very easy soloable ground. Does this sound like Wile-E-Coyete, or does anyone have any ideas what route it might have been?

Cheers!
OP ChrisH89 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Lamb:

Yeah was using those at the weekend but whatever we climbed isn't on them.
 Michael Gordon 17 Feb 2017
In reply to ChrisH89:

Email Simon Richardson (of the Scottish Winter site) - he's probably more likely to know than anyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...