UKC

Hard shell pants for the tall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingjam 15 Feb 2017
Hi

I am 6'6" and struggling to find a hard shell pant i can use for summer alpine. Fit and weight are the priority for me.

So if you are tall are there any ones you would recommend ? So far been looking at the Arteryx AR pant .

Thanks in advance
 ShortLock 15 Feb 2017
In reply to kingjam:
I can't vouch for quality, but Berghaus offer their hardshell trousers in Short, Medium and Long leg lengths.
Post edited at 17:01
 gethin_allen 15 Feb 2017
In reply to kingjam:

Personally I find the fit of my pants relatively unconnected to the length of my legs but, my trousers are a different matter all together as I've got relatively short legs.

As stated above, berghaus have good trouser length options and I always think that the deluge trousers are excellent value being both cheap and really quite good.

DNS_87 16 Feb 2017
In reply to kingjam:

I am 6'6" as well and am using the Mountain Hardwear Seraction pants. They (used to) make it in different lengths, were the 'Tall' fits me perfectly.

GarethSL 16 Feb 2017
In reply to kingjam:
Arc'teryx Theta SV bib, Beta AR and Alpha SV bib come in 'tall' sizes but are rare as rocking horse poo and are only good if you like black this year.

Their tall sizes are supposed to suit up to 35" inside leg but the true length is 33.5" The Beta has a normal athletic fit the Theta bib runs quite tight in the thigh.

Can't go far wrong with the Beta AR. They are probably the best all round mid-weight hardshell trousers out there. I'm on my second pair in 8 years and will most likely get a third.

I feel your pain though. Finding good trousers for long legs is an unnecessary mission in life.

Edit: The beta Lt also comes in tall size if you are looking for something more lightweight.
Post edited at 08:47

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...